• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wheelhouse "caulk" question

Hoss

Searched for related posts but didn`t find any. I apologize if this has been covered before. Bought a new wheel house a couple of months ago- the diamond plate rock guard on the bottom has some small gaps where it meets the frame and you can see wood structure behind it. Should this be sealed up to keep moisture out or left open to enable everything to dry out. Have heard opinions both ways but nothing to convince me either way. Ideas?? Thanks for any input.

The house I just bought is the same way. It has the black diamond plate so the strip of wood really shows up between that and the black frame. All they would of had to do is pull the diamond plate down 1/8 and it would have covered it and in most places it already does. I think I'm going to caulk mine this spring. It's just poor quality control.

I've only had the house out 2 times, first time I didn't even bank it because I've got a spray foamed floor. The second time I did, and durning the day, if the sun is out it has enough power this time of year to melt it a bit. It's wasn't much maybe 1/4" at the top of the bank was melted away from the house, the day temp was around zero so any melting at that temp might seem like a lot.

I thought of this before buying it but I don't leave my house out on the lake anymore so the even moderate banking is plenty for a weekend. I use a snow scoop so I've got a good pile of snow when I bank it. I could see it being a issue for the guy that leaves the house out in the same spot for weeks in the same spot or only banks with couple inches of snow. But yes I do believe it's going to melt snow much faster then the polished aluminum.