• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Ice Wolf

Lead core line

I would like some recommendations on what brand of lead core line to use and what size.

Will be targeting walleye and deep water pike on a northern Mn lake. So Many brands out there and the reviews are up and down from the color on the line comes off to the lead wears through the line to easily. Should a guy use what the salmon fisherman use on the Great Lakes? Or just use what ever brand is sold around St. Paul?

I've always used #18lb cheap stuff, "old school", but there are "super" lead core lines. Better strength and thinner diameters can give you greater sensitivity, and enable you to reach desired depth with less line.

Sufix 832 Advanced and Tuf-Line Micro Lead are a couple brands friends have been fishing with and have had nothing but good things to say about them. Cabela's Depth Master is very similar, but without the sticker shock. Might have to give a spool a shot this year smile

Some things to think about with leadcore line. The suffix line is smaller diameter which allows you to use a slightly smaller reel when spooling up but it also runs about 7' per color versus 5' per color like Guedbro or your other standard leadcore lines. This can make a huge difference when targeting 40'. The smaller line will get you down to 42' with 6 colors whereas with standard leadcore you are looking at 30' with six colors and 40' with 8 colors. 18# and 27# leadcore run different strength Dacron sheaths but use the same lead filament size, I am not sure on the heavier sheaths but would think that the same is true with those to keep you at a 5' per color sink rate. You will need a fairly large spooled reel to fish 8 colors of line.

Tunrevir~

I've always used the "cheap" stuff just because I've got all my cranks already dialed in with it. If I went with the thin diameter stuff, then I'd have to re-dial everything in.

If you've never done it, then I suppose you can get the thinner, tougher stuff and get used to that. I'm just lazy.

I would like some recommendations on what brand of lead core line to use and what size.

Will be targeting walleye and deep water pike on a northern Mn lake. So Many brands out there and the reviews are up and down from the color on the line comes off to the lead wears through the line to easily. Should a guy use what the salmon fisherman use on the Great Lakes? Or just use what ever brand is sold around St. Paul?

I've Fished for trout and bass with Lead core for some years. Trolling with lead core is basically the only type of fishing I do now.

Lots of fun, and easy relaxing.

Some may fine this useful.

Lead Core Depth Calculator

"https://play.google.com/store/search?q=fishing%20lead%20core&c=apps"c=apps

Edited by ddancers

I use the cheap stuff too. 5' of sink rate for every 30 feet out makes pretty easy math for me. Size 47 reel will hold ten colors.

That's a pretty general rule most individuals aren't sure a what speed it applies to,  and  .5 MPH change with six colors out can easily make 9 feet differences in depth.  Plus some brands sink more than others and higher test doesn't mean it will sink more. When I started testing depth results I was surprised at the outcomes.  Lead core sink does vary with speed. I use sufix  performance 18 lb test most of the time.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Bitdefender gives consistent, constant security against a wide scope of malware dangers by checking all got to documents and email messages.  The default ongoing assurance settings guarantee great security against malware, with minor effect on framework execution. Bitdefender will, for instance, check a word record for known dangers when you open it, and an email message when you get one.  With the dispatch of Bitdefender 2018, the continuous assurance settings would now be able to be arranged all the more effectively, as indicated by your needs, straightforwardly from the Antivirus module:  1. Open the principle Bitdefender interface.  2. Snap on the Protection symbol.  3. Snap on VIEW MODULES.  4. Snap on the Settings symbol in the lower-right corner of the ANTIVIRUS module.  5. Select SHOW ADVANCED SETTINGS. Here, you will locate the accompanying alternatives:  Output just applications  You can set Bitdefender to check all got to records or applications (program documents) as it were.  Sweep system shares  As a matter of course, both nearby envelopes and system offers are liable to on-get to examining. For better framework execution, you can Garmin Express reject organize areas from on-get to checking.  Sweep inside documents  Checking inside documents is a moderate and asset concentrated procedure, which is along these lines not prescribed for ongoing security. In the event that you settle on utilizing this choice, turn it on, and afterward drag the slider along the scale to set a greatest acknowledged size utmost (in MB) of files to be checked on-get to.  Output messages  To avoid malware from being downloaded to your PC, Bitdefender naturally examines approaching and active messages.  Sweep boot parts  You can set Bitdefender to examine the boot segments of your hard plate.  Output just new and changed documents  By checking just new and changed records, you may enormously improve in general framework responsiveness with a base exchange off in security.  Output for keyloggers  Select this alternative to check your framework for keylogger Garmin.com/express applications.  Early boot filter  Select this alternative to examine your framework at startup when all its basic administrations are stacked.  Activity after the sweep is finished  Pick what occurs after a sweep. You have three choices: Take appropriate activities, Move documents to isolate, and Deny get to.  Initially, the Autopilot was actualized in Bitdefender items for clients who need nothing more from their security arrangement than to be ensured without being troubled. While on Autopilot, Bitdefender would apply an ideal security design and take all security-related choices for the client.  With the dispatch of Bitdefender 2019, the Autopilot highlight will be ON as a matter of course. Besides, the ON/OFF switch was surrendered for a suggestion based framework, where you will continually get guidance dependent on the manner in which you connect with your framework. These suggestions will be utilized to feature diverse security includes that were recently handicapped or obscure to the client.  You can peruse through the proposals from the fundamental Bitdefender interface and connections to the various modules will be incorporated, with the goal that you'll have the option to address security worries at the earliest opportunity. On account of some security highlights, (for example, Advanced Threat Defense), debilitating them will naturally change the security status of your gadget (for example from "Ensured" to "in danger").  Bitdefender's 2020 lineup has everything, from an essential free form to a super-premium bundle that incorporates Intuit Login boundless VPN administration and need technical support.  Indeed, even the least expensive paid Bitdefender program has a solidified program, ransomware assurance and simple customization. The Bitdefender malware motor filtered our PC in record time without hindering the framework much. With five adaptations and a few boundless plans, Bitdefender offers bunches of decisions for each window client.  The section level Bitdefender Antivirus Plus is full-highlighted at its cost range and incorporates a boundless secret word chief, a Wi-Fi organize scanner, a record shredder, a solidified internet browser and Bitdefender's new Anti-Tracker web-protection include. Antivirus Plus beginnings at $40 every year for one PC and keeps running up to $80 every year for 10 frameworks.  Bitdefender Internet Security is additionally only for Windows, however it includes parental controls, Bitdefender login document encryption, a two-way firewall, hostile to spam screening and webcam and receiver assurance.  Web Security is seemingly the sweet spot in Bitdefender's lineup and starts at $60 every year for one PC, going up to $90 for 10 frameworks.
    • Flushed a hen today and a nice buck
    • Nope, back in Rochester.    No bears to bother my feeders only deer, racoons, and possums.   Deer came this afternoon, she was frustrated since I moved the feeders higher since she emptied them last.   So, she walked off and munched on my apple trees a while then meandered off.    
    • Did well in SD today got my limit in 25 minutes on my first walk today on public land:  
    • Are you still up north on Vermillion Del?    I have to wait for the bears to go into hibernation before I can put any feeders out yet. I have sprinkled a few sunflower seeds on the railings of our deck and have gotten chickadees, rose breasted nuthatches and blue jays but I just don't feel comfortable with feeders yet. 
    • I don't have a portable jumper but I have a few chargers from that noco genius brand you have pictured and they are nice.  No issues.  
    • I bought one at walmart a few years ago when they had for around 10 bucks. should a bought a half a dozen they work so well. Used it to start lawn mower atv, truck and carry  it on the boat for backup and atv when I am riding. I would think like the one listed at the top would be great!
    • We use ours so we can run the T&T on the boats when we are putting them in or taking them them out of storage & don't have the batteries in too. Almost all the family has 1 in their vehicle & don't really need to use it very much to justify the $.
    • That a Boys.  Throwers-threw, receivers-received, runners-ran, kickers-kicked.  Good game. 👏