• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2-11-2015 LOTW,Whitefishbay,Crowlake fishing report

We experienced 4-5 inches of snow last night 2-10-2015. There is about 12-13 inches total snow on LOTW, Whitefishbay and Crow Lake. There will be more snow in your deep bays with some slush, so always be aware of where you stop your sled. There is about 20-24 inches of ice on the lakes, with the additional snow I would suggest using an extention on Whitefish Bay.There will be more snow in different areas because of drifting.

Fishing hasn't been as successful as early January. One group did well off of steep rock in 70 feet depths. Others found fish in the mud flats in 20 feet. We are still using the same old lures as the past few years. 4inch white and glow tubes, the Sebile vibrato greenie is still doing well. If you want to try something new, I would look for anything that vibrates in pink glow for trout fishing.

Crappie fishing has been really good this year, in town off of Gordies and at the private landing. If I find out any more details on where the trout are I will share that information. Caviar has been decent but smaller fish, Rowan and Whitefish have all been difficult to fish the past few weeks with fish at all different depths. I guess they call this fishing, I would be prepared to try anything and everything.

I will do my best to help you out,the more successful you are makes us look good, so I am not holding back any information. Good Luck and I will see you on the hard water.

3-22-15

Crow Lake and LOTW still have good ice and decent amounts of snow, some bare areas but there is enough to still use sleds if you make an effort to hit the snow pockets. Steven's Bay and Sabaskong has good snow cover but ATV's are working well also. You can still access portage lake with either. Get ahold of Paul at Muskie Bay!

full-45526-54177-11071944_80192823988827

full-45526-54178-11075234_10155335762295

Ice condiitions are great, you can get just about anywhere on 4-wheelers. We are expecting 4-5 inches of snow tomorrow night March 25, which will make it perfect for getting to back lakes and for snowmobiles. I have to say trout fishing has been tough but it has to turn on sometime.

Did well on LOTW catiching crappie, perch and walleye this past weekend. We have opening this up coming weekend March 26, so give us a call at 1-877-228-2076.

[img:center]http:// full-1729-54231-10426243_801932683221165

full-1729-54232-11055277_801932729887827

full-1729-54233-19591_10155428340745226_