• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Cabin Chili Recipe

A while back (maybe a year or more ago) someone posted a simple chili recipe that I think they called cabin chili or something like that. I never saved the recipe even though I made it once but I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Does anyone else remember that post and can you point me to it again?

Dave. I don't remember that recipe, but will give you mine. Also simple.

Start with 1 1- 1/2 lb. burger browned and drained. Add 1 can of Mrs. Grimes chili beans, 1 or 1/2 can of spicy chili beans, ( depends on how spicy you like it) can of pork and beans, can of diced tomatoes; all of these drained.( for nice thick chili) two of the bigger cans of tomato sauce, a heaping teaspoon of peanut butter( if you have it), a little brown sugar, some diced onion, and some diced red or green peppers.

Bring all of this to a simmer then turn off and let sit. Better the next day, but. smile

1 hour ago, Wanderer said:

Dang…. 

I thought that it was well known that he passed away a while back? I recall his daughter or someone making a post about it here.

This old thread searching brought back some good memories of all his old posts.

52 minutes ago, rundrave said:

I thought that it was well known that he passed away a while back? I recall his daughter or someone making a post about it here.

This old thread searching brought back some good memories of all his old posts.

Yep he was quite the story teller!!! Miss them 

57 minutes ago, rundrave said:

Probably but pretty good chance I missed it from a while ago when I wouldn’t come back here.