• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Shorten roof support in flipover ?

gunny2

If you are talking about the poles that you snap in between the extended roof poles, you would have to pry the clips out of one end and then cut it off with a hacksaw.

If you are talking about the roof poles that extend and are mounted to the sled, you will need to either remove the "big" end from the "small" end and drill a new hole to accept the little button that locks into the slides and/or cut off some of the pipe.

The pole right overhead on my otter was so tight (I replaced my wilderness canvas with Otter Pro Lodge canvas) that when fully extended the front of the house wouldn't even touch the ice. So I had to pull the pulls apart and then drill a new hole to put that little button into. Works fine now, but its a little shorter inside.

I've shortened them. You can either wiggle them back and forth till they loosen up and pull out or I will take the cutoff wheel on diegrinder and just slit the tube a little bit on the end to release the crimp pressure.

To re crimp I used a 1/8" dia. metel dowel and visegrip to crimp ends back on.

As much as needed. I just sized them to fit and made a mark with Sharpie. Measure twice, three times, before you cut. After you do one you'll see it's a piece a cake.

You don't want to cut them too short because your poles may not touch when shack is up on 2" of snow and ice is below. You can also set your shack on a couple 2x4's to compensate for that.