• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Mits first of the year

After getting three grays earlier in the night and texting the pics to him, I went home to pick up Mitch, who'd been out with his girlfriend earlier and I think he was getting a little perturbed with me, racking up the numbers and wanted to get in on the action. I took him to a spot where we had some luck in the past.

We set up on the East side of a picked bean field, in the shadows of some big pines, with a big swamp about 300 yards to the west of us. Wind was coming from the NW so I put the caller 60 yards straight West of us.

I howled a couple times then went to distress for 2 minutes and shut it off. I hear Mitch say there's one, I'm scanning with binocs to the South, by the time I drop the binos, pick up the gun and get it in the scope he drops it at 160 yards. I look at the remote and it says 6 minutes. One of the fastest sets I've made up until New Years eve. I'll tell that one later.

Rob

imagejpg4_zps9dabad7b.jpg