• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Devils Lake First timer

I'd move a little deeper for perch, might have better odds of finding a concentration. Secondary points and breaks 20-30' were okay last weekend.

Things are never slow on devil's. A slow day there is an amazing day in Mn! Drill a ton of holes and find fish. They move a lot!

You can have a slow day anywhere, devils included.

Well it was a tough weekend thanks to the weather on Saturday being so pleasant. We tried Six Mile Bay. We managed some walleyes in the morning and evening. Caught a couple perch as well. Graphed fish and tried all kinds of different options but they were pretty finicky. Buckshot with minnow head had best results.

Made it about an hour and a half through the fishing derby on Saturday and said that was enough. Brain went numb walking off the ice but some great fish were caught and has me wanting to go back and try again.

I am making a first time trip to Devils in March. We have houses rented at Woodland. I know this is an almost impossible question to answer, but can anyone tell me if they position their houses over good water ? Anyone have any experience they'd care to share.

Can we use those houses as a base, and access good water ?? providing the ice is passable at that time.

Any input is really appreciated.

Sculpin,

I think they try to keep houses on fish, but with perch it's really tough. I've been in areas that the perch are biting close to Woodland and you will see them moving in houses, but perch seem to move or the school shuts down.

The shallow houses are generally on a decent walleye bite.

I had a buddy take his wife up last year and fished out of there houses. It was nice out and slow in the house so he drilled a few holes within 50 yards of the house and caught his limit of perch quickly.

Sculpin,

We just got back from Woodland, I would say they put their shacks on good places, morning bite was good, afternoon bite was F*** ING awesome!

The Son used a orange Buckshot I choose to use blue/chrome jigging rap and 1 night caught 30+ eyes smile

As for perch, when the morning eye bite was done we took our 2 man Otter and tried for them, they come in 2-3 at a time and ended up with 4 jumbos.

Some people choose to fish perch all day and ended up with only a handful to show for it frown when I heard that we decided to fish eyes mornings 6:45-9:00ish and afternoon 4:00-6:15 that seemed to be the best bite.

As for where we were fishing? they kept saying Doc's and were fishing in 17'

From Woodland we followed lake a little then went on 46th to 76th to 47th to 77th or something like that,might have to ask the Son if that don't sound right to you.

If that makes sense and find it take ice road to the 2 flashing yellow lights and head about 10 o'clock and find shack 21 wink

Thanks for the info and insight Fishinut. I really appreciate the feedback.

Did you do better jigging, overall, or have luck with dead-sticks/set-lines and minnows ??

Sounds like the Woodland houses are set on pretty good water, and overall a great experience.

Can't wait.

You can get to doc hagens two ways. Pressure ridge runs right through the southern end of hagens. To fish the northern half, get on at the nw corner of 6 mile. It's the first left you can take traveling west over the 6 mile bridge. The other option is to access from graham island and travel north.

How'd you do on size for eyes? I fished all weekend and saturday was most productive for numbers and size.