• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Amputation

Big Dave2

1 minute ago, delcecchi said:

If you aren't eligible then it is not a problem, eh?  

Just because you work doesn't mean you aren't eligible to get insurance via obamacare.  Possibly even subsidies depending on how you arrange your income. 

Lighten up Francis.jpg

9 hours ago, JigSawJimmy said:

I'm up early and I'm gonna slide in and be a crybaby on your thread since this is nothing compared to your trials.

I got a bad tooth and she went early this morning. Gotta find a emergency dentist today. I look like a walrus with the swelling.

I have a lot of dental to be done. I have dental insurance, platinum(ha) but that doesn't do much for me.

I have a trip scheduled for Mexico (Cancun) early next month, as I need about 12 k worth of work to be done.

Down there it's about 3200k. It's a recommendation.

Pretty sure, as usual, today I won't even get a 'thanks for the business' scrip of hydros after.

What is wrong with dentist today? They used to be a solid source of opiates.  **sigh**

Good luck with the tooth. I don't think there's much that compares with the pain of a bad tooth.

9 hours ago, JigSawJimmy said:

Get a divorce, hand it all over to your ex (wink). Claim poverty. Free health care.

Pretty sure you've earned it, as I'll put you on being a working man for your entire time here on planet Earth.

Not for me. I'll take responsibility for my decisions in life and pay my own bills.

23 minutes ago, JigSawJimmy said:

Not me. If the wife or I fall ill when older, be darned if I'm depleting our life savings, retirement, kid's birth right before I get medicad I paid for over and over for a lifetime.

We be getting a divorce.

Period. No remorse. No guilt. 

But that's me. Not for everyone.

That's one of the differences between a liberal and a conservative. ;)

16 hours ago, Big Dave2 said:

That's one of the differences between a liberal and a conservative. ;)

Besides they changed the rules some.  In addition there is a several year "clawback" provision.    Might want to check into the rules ahead of time. 

17 hours ago, Big Dave2 said:

Not for me. I'll take responsibility for my decisions in life and pay my own bills.

2nd this

and sometimes no matter what you think you can do, you could end up waiting many years for your results.

I came into this world and made my own way, I figure I'll go my way and if there is any thing left for the kids, they will happy.

besides I couldn't get a divorce if I wanted to, cancer took her from us just over 2 years ago.

have a good day

10 minutes ago, JigSawJimmy said:

I have of money. That's not a point for me. 

But to say that without being terminal or a disease that will put you down in the ground and your family on the street and bankrupt.  You don't know.

What's wrong with health care aid after a lifetime of paying in?  You a guy that lays money on a roulette table and walks away before the ball drops?

I made my own way but my mother didn't raise a fool either. I don't pass on free money earned.

That's a talk statement pal. All I'll say about that.

I have attorneys that worry about that.

Of course that is the mantra to live by.

My brother died of cancer before his 10th birthday. There is not always a decision made that results in consequences to ones health.

If you never take aid, good for you, but it's only worth something to you as no one else cares.

However, I'm not listening to malarky about ones that do when it's time and have paid their dues, certainly wouldn't judge.

Or how I see it in my bubble.

I'm not going to argue with you about this, at least not on this thread. If you care to discuss it and would like to make these points in a new thread about healthcare in "silly town", I would be happy to show you the error of your ways. :)

Until then I would just like to say thank you to you and everyone else here for your concern and support.