• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Favorite Pig and Jig???

Skater13

I fish a jig a lot and have to say that for the past two years I have thrown nothing but All-Terrain jigs. They have nice hooks that are well balanced with the jig head and have internal line ties that help prevent weeds and slime from grabbing onto your jig. As far as trailers go I use either an all-terrain chunk, a zoom chunk, or a gene larew salt-craw. One very important thing that I started doing this year is super-glueing my trailers to the jig. This makes them last about ten times longer and it's nice because you don't have to keep pulling them up on the hook after every cast. I do a lot of skipping jigs around docks with a roll cast and the super glue has really helped! As for colors, specifics don't matter, just as long as it has good contrast. The only two colors you ever need for a jig are black/blue and green pumpkin(not including swimming jigs here)

I like to keep it simple when it comes to flipping/pitching jigs. 90 % of the time I throw a 3/8oz strike king Denny Brauer jig. I like black/blue or black neon in stained water and pumpkinseed in clear water. I will use some unusual colors when fishing heavily pressured lakes. A color matched zoom chunk is usually my trailer. This is my confidence bait when I need a big fish. I like these jigs because of the soft weed guard and the fixed rattle on the hook. I do not like the loose hanging rattles that are popular on a lot of jigs today.