• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I just dont get it

blue_healer_guy

GO:

I hear ya, Dude. I'm just saying what a great opportunity you have with your bait & tackle customers. Educate them a tiny bit, maybe they will help educate others out on the ice. You can tell them you have a free road with off-road parking for them to fish on. A free road with parking, maybe for flipovers, maybe even a wheelhouse! What an opportunity to bolster business!That would be a very competitive business position for you to be in. Be a Leader, not a curmudgeon. BTW, I patronize your shop when I'm up in the neighborhood and I know you to be a good dude.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its simply amazing how much ppl are complaining about fishing online these days,complaining ABOUT FISHING!! Do you hear youselves? What a pathic possessive society we havd become. Stop, say hello, give away a free smile, meet someone new, and god forbid maybe teach someone something thats not as well aWare as you. As my daughter says "I like to smile cause it costs nothing"

Not much didnt know yu were ver here in shanty town grin must be cabin fever here, people need to go outside chop wood or something. 8 pages of this, ive hit the lake every weekend for the last 6 weekends and im subjected to the soap opera. Ready for our rematch?

Rematch??

You're going down,(again) Big Daddy!!!! grin

If you drill a hole in the middle of a plowed road you are a complete jack wagon.

For one thing NO WHERE in my post did I say middle of the road! Also, I fished that spot before, where the middle of his road runs now! You are the ones who have your shack out then park 50 yards away, auger 75 yards on the other side, and a portable in the other direction. I suppose all off you selfish lake OWNERS put plastic jugs out in the summer to claim spots too. Block the ramps with your 60,000 boats too.

Also if you plowed to close to me you would have some issues to deal with!

You people with distance issues must of never fished Red Wing where there's miles of river but still 200 boats in a 1/4 mile stretch. Bet you really cry when there is a tournament and they drill 100s of holes.

I have just as much right to fish that lake as you do. Don't like it find a less productive area to set your unused house!

Is the plowed road is the only piece of structure on the lake? I have a few productive spots on the lake that are plowed once the ice gets thick enough every year.I Fish else where or at the very least not drill on the plowed road out of respect for the man who puts his time and money into keeping a road open to allow us anglers to get access onto the lake in the first place. Drilling on it causes flooding which then causes rutting making the whole road have to be re-routed and other issues.(like getting hit by a drunk going 40 coming off the lake) I have never fished red wig, but I fish the kenai every day in the summer. We troll so close our rod tips almost touch at times. That's the name of the game on certain bodies of water, but certainly not all of them.

There is a difference between on, and fifteen feet off.

I drilled on the plowed road to his shack. It was on structure.

WAS that 20'x 150' his PRIVATE part of the lake too?

This is for the one's not reading MY post or understanding it before spouting off! I drilled on the plowed road to his shack It says to HIS shack! Not from the landing, resort, or to a community of shacks. Nor does it say MIDDLE. It does say on structure though.

Forget it, this guy will never give up even when 99% keep telling him he's wrong. It's laughable now, hope he's not around here. I was wrong and I admit it, there are people that deserve to get plowed in.

I've been up in Canada and snowmobiled across 2 or 3 portages and set up on a 25,000 acre trout lake. I've had groups ride up, stop and fish some of the holes I've put down as test holes. I always welcome them and tell them good luck. I go fishing to enjoy myself not to fight or get pizzed at someone. Most of us just want to catch some fish and have some fun.

Ice fishing is stationary vertical fishing, so wha't the big deal if someone sets up 20 feet away.

I've been up in Canada and snowmobiled across 2 or 3 portages and set up on a 25,000 acre trout lake. I've had groups ride up, stop and fish some of the holes I've put down as test holes. I always welcome them and tell them good luck. I go fishing to enjoy myself not to fight or get pizzed at someone. Most of us just want to catch some fish and have some fun.

Ice fishing is stationary vertical fishing, so wha't the big deal if someone sets up 20 feet away.

At least for me I enjoy hole hopping to an extent. Usually only within a 50 foot circle or so so I guess as long as they keep a bit of a distance I'm okay with it. Because honestly I've been in the position to just start ripping holes 10-20 yards from some permanents as I just wanted to fish for an hour or so when I had a bit of free time.

if you fish shallow as I like to do right before dusk and into the evening. I get to the area I want to fish early and get my holes drilled and don't make any noise or use any lights and wait for the fish to come in. I don't use any light and if I do its very dim.

i do all that work to get setup early and then have someone come in making noise, running augers, bright lights it will spook fish away from the area. thats why I like to keep my distance and wish others would be more respectful and keep their distance too.