• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Next season already?

OnAFly

So, this season looks to be a loss. What does everyone think for next season? Here are my random thoughts in no particular order.

1 - Remove Brunette from the PP coaching position. It's been two years. It's not working.

2 - Sign a real goalie. If it's Dubnyk, great. If it's someone else, great. They just need to be a legit #1.

3 - Lose Prosser...forever. Sign a legit 3rd pair defenseman.

4 - Sign Granny to a bridge contract at a lowered amount. He's just not been healthy enough to spend big $$ on.

Misc...

Try to resign Brodziak at a lower contract for 2 years or so. He's a solid 3rd/4th liner, but nothing more.

Figure out the moral problem. Fix it. There is too much leadership on this team to be having issues with effort for 1/3 of the season. Maybe the issue is too much leadership...too many cooks in the kitchen. I don't know.

So, what's everyone else got?

So, this season looks to be a loss. What does everyone think for next season? Here are my random thoughts in no particular order.

1 - Remove Brunette from the PP coaching position. It's been two years. It's not working.

2 - Sign a real goalie. If it's Dubnyk, great. If it's someone else, great. They just need to be a legit #1.

3 - Lose Prosser...forever. Sign a legit 3rd pair defenseman.

4 - Sign Granny to a bridge contract at a lowered amount. He's just not been healthy enough to spend big $$ on.

Misc...

Try to resign Brodziak at a lower contract for 2 years or so. He's a solid 3rd/4th liner, but nothing more.

Figure out the moral problem. Fix it. There is too much leadership on this team to be having issues with effort for 1/3 of the season. Maybe the issue is too much leadership...too many cooks in the kitchen. I don't know.

So, what's everyone else got?

1)yeah, not happy with that experiment. Moving to the bench hasn't seemed to help either

2)I'd be fine with Dubnyk I think. I don't want them to invest a ton of cash in an older guy like Ward. Buy out Backstrom..

3)AMEN!!!

4)Really disappointed in Granlund's season thus far. He really hurt his stock that is for sure, cost himself some dough.

I would resign Brodz too at a smallish 2 yr deal. He has been decent this year. Better than last year I think.

I would also strip the C from Koivu. This may get him to waive his no trade clause, then dump him. Thanks for the service Koivu, but we need to move on.

Parise gets the C. Certainly is the real leader of this team.

CUT SUTER's MINUTES!!! He shouldn't have 10 minutes a game more ice time than the next guy. That is ridiculous. If its him pushing for it, sit him down and say its not good for the other guys, the team OR you to have that much icetime. We need him healthy and fresh for the long season, not dead in the playoffs like last year.

I'm still holding a 4% hope that we make a raging comeback in the 2nd half of the season but anyway.

1 Goalie

2 Agree about cutting Suters minutes.

3 Give the kids more PP time, could also say quit babying the vets if they aren't getting it done.

After that I want to wait and see.