• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Beginning of a New Weave

Gary_l

full-19599-52872-wp_20150119_001.jpg

full-19599-52873-wp_20150119_002.jpg

full-19599-52874-wp_20150119_003.jpg

full-19599-52875-wp_20150122_001.jpg

So begins my next weave which is also my first true multi color weave (the others have been basically silhouettes, with 1 or 2 colors(on this the fish were one color and the name a different color but not intermixed into 1 weave)

the first two pic's show the threads laid out before starting, on the first pic you do not see the tape that is doubled back over to hold the threads.

3rd pic is 20 wraps in

4th and 5th is 48 wraps in a little over 1/3 done (total wrap count will be 117 for the weave not including the beginning and end)

This is were it gets a little nerve wrecking because you don't really get to see the pattern persay as a cross wrap, well at least for me. Here's to hoping it comes out good as this is a retirement gift heading to Florida next month. Well post a pic when done with the Gator and also when completely done with the weave, a nickname will be included.

If someone tries a weave for the first time, word of advice PATIENCE, lol something I am short of but learning.

Gary

Very nice Gary. I've done a few weaves, but have had the good fortune of borrowing a fellow builder's wonder weaver. Makes it ALOT easier, if that can be said of a weave. As you said, patience is key...and so is marking off each pass! Keep up the good work.

full-19599-52910-wp_20150125_006.jpg

full-19599-52911-wp_20150125_004.jpg

Quick update, after a few days of delay (working nightshifts) back at it, this is weave wrap #80 and you can see the teeth and tongue, I should finish this part of the weave today, getting ready to start back-up. Oh and those little gaps well close up in the wrapping thread, size wise as of now just slightly longer than a dime. For those new to weaving in the Background is what is called a left list, those are the threads that well be above the wrapping thread, the right side contains the threads that will be under the wrapping thread. Back to the weave.

full-19599-52914-wp_20150126_002.jpg

full-19599-52915-wp_20150126_003.jpg

full-19599-52916-wp_20150126_004.jpg

Any Gator fans in the house?!!!! So this is the first part of the weave, second is a nickname. Just a little thread movement to do but all in all it looks pretty good, I think. This is my own design so if anybody would like the left list and a pic, let me know, though I recommend a bigger blank as the orange is 87 threads, also the thread I used was prowrap from mudhole. Break time for a bit!!

Gary