• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Good shoes

UMC

Merrell used to make a goretex low hiking shoe that I bought on sale and wore into the ground. They still make them, but they want $150 for a pair, they had elastic "speed laces" and were some of the most comfortable shoes I have had in years. I currently have a pair of Patagonia hiking boots that are the best hiking boots I have owned.

Merrell makes a slip on walking shoe, about 80 bucks, no breakin comfortable good all around shoe. I have several pair and use them for everything you listed plus they are my go to boating shoe. Also come in wide sizes which is another reason.

I gave up on all weather outdoor shoes. I have walking shoes, hiking shoes, hiking boots(several) and winter walking boots(thinsulate lined hunting boots) and of course true cold weather boots. Cold, wet, sore feet suck and can make any activity miserable. Better to get something tuned to the activity.

Merrell makes a slip on walking shoe, about 80 bucks, no breakin comfortable good all around shoe. I have several pair and use them for everything you listed plus they are my go to boating shoe. Also come in wide sizes which is another reason.

the Jungle mocs?

On 2015/1/26 at 9:30 PM, upnorth said:

I gave up on all weather outdoor shoes. I have walking shoes, hiking shoes, hiking boots(several) and winter walking boots(thinsulate lined hunting boots) and of course true cold weather boots. Cold, wet, sore feet suck and can make any activity miserable. Better to get something tuned to the activity.

Prepared enough.

On 1/18/2015 at 2:40 PM, UMC said:

Looking for a new pair of around-town shoes. Walking the dog in winter, mowing the grass, going to the grocery store. Anybody have any that they really like?

From winter to summer is a hard order to fill with one shoe. You may need two to be happy. I bought a pair I thought was going to work like that from Cabala's but the waterproof Gore-tex liner was just way to hot in the summer.

On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2015 at 3:31 PM, Bobby Bass said:

These are my absolute favorite. I've worn these for the past 5-6 years--when one pair starts getting worn out, I'll get another pair. I think I currently have 3 pairs.

On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2015 at 8:07 AM, UMC said:

the Jungle mocs?

That's the ones I get.

Merrel all the way !!! After 3 spinal surgeries, severe stenosis, leg weakness and pain, these are the only shoes I can walk in...Jungle mocs.  You can get them for around $70 everywhere. Great on ice and snow, too. I have all 3 pairs.  I love 'em.  :)

large_merrell_jungle_moc.jpg

Edited by RebelSS