• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Welcome Exudedude as Bass forum moderator

Dan Wood

Thanks again everybody... very kind

Granny, no I had not planned on it.. never even heard of it. I only get up to Ely once a year... I am a school teacher and after school is out in the spring 8 teacher buddies and I go up and chase the smallies around Vermilion for 4-5 days....

Laker bash?... I assume fishing lake trout?.. or?

Yup, Laker fishing. I think there were about 30 FM guys up there last year, which was my first year up there. I believe a few of the Pro Staff have been doing it for years and last year they made it part of the Lets Ice fishing thing. They put up a big ol tent on the ice and stay out there for the weekend (I think its the last weekend in January). There were enough prizes that everone got something. If you do a search on the BWCA Forum for "Burntside Bash" it should pull up about 300 pages of reading, in case you have a little extra time.

Granny

The wife and I are planning on going again this year. Last year it was 25 below zero when we woke up saturday morning! We marked fish all day but no takers. I would guess that there were about 10-15 Lakers caught with the winning fish at 12lbs. The wife and I fished sunday for a few hours also but no luck. I will let ya know when the post goes up in the BWCA forum. They usually start preparing about 2 months ahead of time.

Granny

Exudedude on the Prostaff; that is the free-agent signing of the year. Mr. Exude was the first dude I met at an FM outing (the Linwood Lake FM icefishing extravaganza to be exact). As the newbie, it was great to meet that first friendly. I have been the beneficiary of much of your fishing wisdom and experience already, nice to see you on the Prostaff.

Congratulations.

------------------
SERIOUSLY! It was THIS big!