• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Brainerd jaycees

MNCPRGUY

Planning to attend the event this year. Not really expecting much in the way of serious fishing or prizes. Seems more like one of those things you just gotta say you did once.

I would like to hear from anyone that has done it. Things to bring/not to bring. Tactics, baits, parking. Pretty much anything you are willing to share.

Bait any bait works that comply with the rules at least.

All bait fi­sh must be four inches or smaller. Any bait fish more than four inches long will not be allowed within the contest area.

( I usually have a jig head with wax worms and then a minnow down )

I always brought my dual head tank on top heater to stay warm

I use a coffee can with charcoal in it to keep the ice hole open

full-43444-52615-charcoal.jpg

I feel that the more beer I drink the more chances I have to win.

Bring your date!

full-43444-52616-brain.jpg

Have fun!

I don't know about parking I usually have traveled from on the lake all ready

BRING WARM CLOTHES!........I have done this several times and it is usually brutally cold. There are several bus shuttles and they do a good job getting you back and forth, but be prepared to wait a long time to get back to your car at the end as everybody is leaving at the same time. A backpack would be a good idea as you have to walk in and out and load whatever you bring into the bus.