• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Friday is the last day MN

bluehat28

Today's the day!!! It's time to start thinking Spring Turkey. smile

Let us know what you applied for, and why.

Me? I'm going with the archery season again this year, mostly because my very best spot does not allow firearms. We again got my Dad signed up for the second time period, because it is all weekdays it's a pretty easy early draw.

Across the river it's season D. Many reasons for that. 1) As a non-resident, I'll never draw for one of the first two spots. 2) The 3rd time period, usually an easy draw, is the WS fishing opener. I'd love to get me a mixed bag of walleyes and crappies that weekend. smile 3) We camp and the weather earlier in the season has been terrible for us the last few years. 4) In our area, the hunting seems to be better just a little later in the season.

What you got?

Same as anyfish I hate the waiting game for Turkey's already have to be paitent just to hunt them but can't wait for the season.

I went B for MN hoping success of getting drawn for that time keeps going. Less people apply also people get scared of weather. I have good luck in the snow so I'm not worried about the weather. If not drawn will get season D for MN over the counter.

WI season E just had very good luck, we tag out most years so I will keep going and hope the heat stays away. The birds responding during this time in this area has been very good in the past.

SD will be mid April just the time we have been going and less hunters some hold out till May only a 4 week season on this tribal land.

NE head out first week of April day before Easter. We have great luck no hunters on public land and or private it's archery only first two weeks. Always nice to come back and get the pipe bomb in hand to get even .

No Missouri this year which is find going to Devils lake on the 11th of March.

Hope the winter keeps going the way it is so the critters don't get hit too bad.

Already ordered a few arrows and found a place to get some Rocket heads for cheap. Be all stocked again for a couple years.

Hopefully I make the time for myself to hunt the archery season this year, still need to get my first. I wounded one in the 2013 fall season and was pretty disappointed in myself. I will planting a few trees on weekends in May so hopefully I have some time while at the cabin for that.

My buddy and i point in for 510 season A. we will not get it, since we don't have preference points but plan to get drawn for next year. this year we will hunt the archery season which works out better for us.

Im going to hunt Wisconsin with another friend and we will get season A or C. since he is a resident either way! I am going to let some arrows fly.

For x-mas i got the new avian x strutter decoy

I put in for the 1st season in MN, used my preference point last season so may end up with an OTC D tag.

I put in for the first season in Wisconsin, not knowing nonresidents don't have much of a chance. I will try for a leftover tag for a latter season.

Good luck in the drawing everyone!

508 C here, got drawn last year and connected on an old 1, not seeing many this Winter, but so much will change by mid-April. Do guys get drawn in back to back years or what % of a chance is it roughly ? Thankfully they're not ripping into my neighbors silage sock like last Winter, he was ready to start blazin, said just tie your dog out there for a few days, worked for a week or so. Good Luck getting drawn guys.