• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Taconite trail ride?

leech~~

Great day out on the trails. Sun was out all day. Lots of folks out later as you can see in the Trestle Inn pictures. And that was only half of them that I could get in the picture. The "Train Wreck" burgers went down well, but took almost an hour to get them with all the people in there. The trails for the most part were very good, but we did start to hit some ice on the corners on the way back.

Got to take Randy's new 900 for a ride. I was really surprised at the zip of that sled. I really though driving a 4 cyc was going to be like riding a yard tractor! grin Not. Very smooth ride but may be a little front end darting that I would have to get use to. I will say that I really missed my Klote's buzz following behind that 4 cyc! frownlaugh

Had a fun day Randy, beat drilling holes in a lake! Ha. Sorry Xplorer and Gary! laugh

full-27051-53310-img_1705.jpg

full-27051-53311-img_1708.jpg

full-27051-53313-img_1710.jpg

Looks like you guys had a nice ride!

I ended up doing just fine.....free awesome breakfast at Blue Max, drilled 75 holes by 10:30, had a couple cups of "adult coffee", and then won two rod/reel combo's in the raffle, and took home a new auger with 7th place in the contest.. KA CHING grin

Gary and I are looking at the 14th or 21st for another ride, either one work better for you guys?

Looks like you guys had a nice ride!

I ended up doing just fine.....free awesome breakfast at Blue Max, drilled 75 holes by 10:30, had a couple cups of "adult coffee", and then won two rod/reel combo's in the raffle, and took home a new auger with 7th place in the contest.. KA CHING grin

Gary and I are looking at the 14th or 21st for another ride, either one work better for you guys?

When does the State Basketball terny start? We should get a good snow dump around then! grin

State tourny is the 14th.

Lets look at one of those two, and wait to see what Ma Nature gives us.

The other of the two weekends I think I'm gonna head up to URL with the sled/portie and chase some slabs and do some riding if anyone is interested.

The other of the two weekends I think I'm gonna head up to URL with the sled/portie and chase some slabs and do some riding if anyone is interested.

Huum, the slab hunting part sounds interesting. Where would you stay or just a day up and back? smile

Actually was going to look at getting one of Bearpaws river cabins. Last time I stayed with them it was $25/person/night. Other option is a cabin at Big Bog.

My Dad's having some health issues, so I may have to head south one of those two weekends now tho.

Ok the forecast just changed again and its 3-6 inches on tuesday ,,,I plan to ride next weekend ,,,any one that hasnt gotten out on their sleds and wants a chance to ride,,,,, come on up and run the NSST???

LAS,

I will give you a call/text tonight, if you can go Sunday that should work for me.

I'm gonna run the local trails on thursday.

2" so far up here on top of the hill in Duluth and looks like its all the way up the shore just a bit lighter.

Next weeks temps do not look good for riding, I'm seeing close to 50 for Cloquet by next weekend frown

LAS,

I will give you a call/text tonight, if you can go Sunday that should work for me.

I'm gonna run the local trails on thursday.

2" so far up here on top of the hill in Duluth and looks like its all the way up the shore just a bit lighter.

Next weeks temps do not look good for riding, I'm seeing close to 50 for Cloquet by next weekend frown

frown Wish I could make it. Sounds like this could be one of the last good weekends? Have fun guys and take a few photos!

Headed up to Isabella on Saturday morning. Looking to get one last ride in for the year. How far is the trestle inn from Isabella ? Anyone have a snow report? Hoping for good trails. Thanks chad

If you head south-southeast of Isabella on the trail 88 I think it may only be about 20-30 miles to the Trestle Inn.

frown Wish I could make it. Sounds like this could be one of the last good weekends? Have fun guys and take a few photos!

You know how accurate the weather folks are, it will probably be changed to below zero in a couple days (-8 here this morning). They've already dropped next weeks highs from the high 40's to low 40's.

LAS, sorry, had to snowblow and shovel the 5" that we got at the house and then flopped and fell asleep early. Gotta check one thing out and will get in touch later.

Isabella is a short ride on the Tomahawk to the Trestle. It looks like that area got about 3" of new snow yesterday. I know there was heavy traffic last weekend and will be again this weekend, but I think trails were pretty decent from the reports I've seen.

I was thinking of heading out from Two Harbors up hwy 2 and then ride to the trestle thats about 140 miles for the day

Texted you a bit ago, I'm good to go for Sunday. I will trailer up to your place and we can decide whose rig to take to Dos Harbors. Trainwreck here I come grin

Texted you a bit ago, I'm good to go for Sunday. I will trailer up to your place and we can decide whose rig to take to Dos Harbors. Trainwreck here I come grin

Hopefully it wouldn't take an hour to get a Trainwreck this weekend. But's it's always fun having a bump and people-sled watching until it comes. Last time I came out of the rest room up there LoonASea was undoing some gals strap! grin

Well I think its over ,,,if you didnt get a chance to ride this weekend it could be over for most places in Mn ,,,,X and I got an early start today and were the 3rd and 4th sets of tracks on the freshly groomed NSST ,,,took better then 40 miles to see any sleds other then the other 2 that left Two Harbors with us ,,,,Got to the Trestle a little early and had to wait till breakfast was over before we could order our trainwrecks ,,,,Took the Tomahawk to the Knotted Pine for gas and attempted to take the Yukon back,,,, the Tomahawk was groomed they Yukon was NOT so we back tracked a bit and got back to the Moose Walk and then the NSST ,,,Perfect trails, Great weather,, Nice scenery,,,, Good company and very few sleds on the trails ,,,If this is the end of this riding season ,,It ended perfectly

PS the trails weren't exactly perfect all the way back some of the snow is now snirt with a few rocks and mud mixed in