• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Taconite trail ride?

leech~~

Traveling to and from the range today I seen a LOT of sleds on trailers heading north today ,,,If your planning to ride the TAC this weekend you will have lots of company from what Ive seen today,,, and its presidents day weekend ,,,Enjoy the snow we got this week ,,,I will be on the trails next weekend

Traveling to and from the range today I seen a LOT of sleds on trailers heading north today ,,,If your planning to ride the TAC this weekend you will have lots of company from what Ive seen today,,, and its presidents day weekend ,,,Enjoy the snow we got this week ,,,I will be on the trails next weekend

Where are you thinking of riding next weekend? I just checked the 10 day forecast for the Two Harbors area and other then some snow today, there is none in the forecast for the next week. But, it is the last weekend for Walleye so huum? frown

Well I'm thinking, I'm thinking. Wouldn't know until about Thur. But, the more sleds the funnnnerrerr! Not to many chances left for this year to get out there. Train Wreck you say? I better take some collestor (sp) meds before I go! grin

Yuppers, I'll be drilling holes at the Kiwanis tournament on Fish lake Saturday.

Looks like we might get an inch or two more on Friday with a warmup into the teens above. Wow, does a trainwreck with casualties sound good right now grin

Yuppers, I'll be drilling holes at the Kiwanis tournament on Fish lake Saturday.

Looks like we might get an inch or two more on Friday with a warmup into the teens above. Wow, does a trainwreck with casualties sound good right now grin

Hey, it's just down the road. If I remember the holes for a contest have to be drilled early. Drill fast and meet us up there for lunch! grin

Weather for Two Harbors area this

Saturday 02/21 10% / 0 in

Sunshine and clouds mixed. High around 20F. Winds NNW at 5 to 10 mph.

Plus 1-3 inches of snow on Friday.

Could be a nice day for a ride.

Anyone else want to make the ride with LoonASea and me?

Randy, are you thinking of heading out of the parking lot above Two Harbors or trailer up to Finland and off loading there?

Trail Conditions. The only area in the state map that says "EXCELLENT" smile

Arrowhead State Trail

The trail is groomed and in very good to excellent condition. Throughout the trail, please use caution and watch for exposed rocks, brush and current logging activity.

Snowmobiling

Conditions:

excellent

Trail groomed? yes

Trail base: 3-4"

Groomed mileage: 128.0

The trail(s):

The primary snowmobile trail is the backbone to an extensive Grant-in-Aid trail system that travels through remote areas and provides access to snowmobiling in Voyageurs National Park.

Facilities:

There are trail shelters along the trail located at popular stopping points which include scenic vistas..

If your going to two harbors or finland you wont be riding the arrowhead trail It will be the nsst-c j ramstad trail

Well that is still showing as a Good for trail conditions and with the snow coming Friday it should be better. wink

Hey, it's just down the road. If I remember the holes for a contest have to be drilled early. Drill fast and meet us up there for lunch! grin

The contest doesnt start til noon, so I wont be done drilling til around 11:30, and its still 45 from there to the 2 harbors lot.

The next two Saturdays I have basketball tournaments in Hayward and Hibbing. The saturday of the 14th is a maybe.

Fat flakes coming down in Duluth right now!

I guess we will just have to send you pics of a trainwreck ,,,I have done the Kiwamis drill team for a few years and you will be done drilling well before 11:00,,,People start showing up around 10 to claim their holes ,,,Have fun we will be thinking about you

The new ACE has been treating me well ,,,Got out with Leech today and put on 140 miles and had a great lunch at the trestle ,,,,Lots of sleds parked at the trestle but sure didn't see many on the trails ,,,the NSST had been groomed fri nite ,,,few rocks and ice chunks hitting the skis (maybe i'm just hearing them now that i don't hear the braaap braaap of my old sled) but over all a great day on the trails

Walleyehooker I did hear some rumors about a new chassis coming in 2016 and an 880 etec

The new ACE has been treating me well ,,,Got out with Leech today and put on 140 miles and had a great lunch at the trestle ,,,,Lots of sleds parked at the trestle but sure didn't see many on the trails ,,,the NSST had been groomed fri nite ,,,few rocks and ice chunks hitting the skis (maybe i'm just hearing them now that i don't hear the braaap braaap of my old sled) but over all a great day on the trails

Walleyehooker I did hear some rumors about a new chassis coming in 2016 and an 880 etec

You mean this new sled!

full-27051-53309-img_1704.jpg