• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Taconite trail ride?

leech~~

Should we just set a date for a Taconite trail ride and hope it snows more by then? At least then people can put it on their calender and start planing. Near the end of Jan or early Feb maybe? confused

If you set up a group trip in February you might as well store your sleds now. Planning a trip will surely eliminate any potential snow storm by early February/March. crazy It's all those folks who purchased new sled that are to blame... winkwhistle

MR

If you set up a group trip in February you might as well store your sleds now. Planning a trip will surely eliminate any potential snow storm by early February/March. crazy It's all those folks who purchased new sled that are to blame... winkwhistle

MR

Well, I guess we could setup a "short notice" PM hot line? "It Snowed lets frigen GO!" But not sure everyone would be able to make it without the wife's approval in that short of notice! grin

I think my wife would understand if we get one good storm and if I can get one trip in. I think she's feeling sorry for me or just wants me out of the house but I think I could pull off a short notice trip when or IF we get any snow.

MR

I think my wife would understand if we get one good storm and if I can get one trip in. I think she's feeling sorry for me or just wants me out of the house but I think I could pull off a short notice trip when or IF we get any snow.

MR

Ha, my wife told me "why don't you go up to Brainerd and go ice fishing or something" Either her boy friend is coming over or I am becoming a bear to be around! grin

I plan to ride this weekend ,,,But will probably head out to Bayfield Co again ,,,Its closer then any Mn rideable snow ,,,,I worked out in the Hurley Wi area yesterday and holy buckets do they have snow out there ,,,Non res trail pass is $35 this year $50 next season ,,,If you ever wanted to test the Wi trail system nows your chance

We rode from Fortune Bay to Ely today ,,,Rode the lakes to Ely with plans to ride the Taconite back but got wind that the trails were getting kinda beat up so we took the lakes back also,,,, a few mile stretch of some washboard terrain (between Vermilion and Burntside) but over all nice snow conditions and the temps were ideal,,,,Im still wishin for a blizzard but will probably have to go to Dairy Queen for that

Heard the wardens were on the lake in a fish house with their radar gun but we averaged 45mph so no worries there

I trailer-ed my sled to Ernies on Gull and rode along the east side. It did feel good to play in some snow and dabbled in some drifts, just a warning of some serious cracks all along the lake and one huge pressure ridge that popped up from Cinosam west towards Quarter Deck I strongly encourage no vehicle to travel from north to south etc.

Leech favor to ask since I'm having problems logging in and posting in the Brainerd fishing report. Can you let folks now for the Jaycees tourist of the monster heave/ridge running east to west on Gull lake and some standing water out their??? This is extremely dangerous since it just lifted within the past few days???

thx

MR

I trailer-ed my sled to Ernies on Gull and rode along the east side. It did feel good to play in some snow and dabbled in some drifts, just a warning of some serious cracks all along the lake and one huge pressure ridge that popped up from Cinosam west towards Quarter Deck I strongly encourage no vehicle to travel from north to south etc.

Leech favor to ask since I'm having problems logging in and posting in the Brainerd fishing report. Can you let folks now for the Jaycees tourist of the monster heave/ridge running east to west on Gull lake and some standing water out their??? This is extremely dangerous since it just lifted within the past few days???

thx

MR

Got it, done! Thanks for the heads up! eek

I may have to post my new sled on the HSOClassifieds just so we get some snow so the groomers can get out and groom around the duluth area

This year is one for the books fore sure. Just drove down from the Brainerd area and it was "brown" all the way down! cry

I did use my yamaha venture to head off into the woods to try out a tiny lake/pond back in the sticks... sled made it fine and drilled holes, but no fish. That was the farthest my sled has gone this year, and it is only about a mile from the garage...

There is still snow up there, but it needs help. The last 2 weeks they have had the ely fun run. Then there was the MS 300. To top it off the ALS blizzard tour was last weekend. For sure the trail have seen abuse.

frown Thanks for the update Gary.

At least we wouldnt have to worry about getting stuck in the swamp this year grin

Seriously tho, this sucks...... I need a new battery for my sled and I'm not even gonna think about replacing it til next year.

My guess is we we will get lots of snow the end of March/early April, when I want to get my boat out trolling on Lake Superior crazy

Im going to try and put a few miles on this weekend ,,,,Just checked the forecast and they expect 3-6 inches ,,,they just arent sure where ,,,Im flexable and will trailer to where the better snow is ,,,any one else want to join me??

Im going to try and put a few miles on this weekend ,,,,Just checked the forecast and they expect 3-6 inches ,,,they just arent sure where ,,,Im flexable and will trailer to where the better snow is ,,,any one else want to join me??

Pooop, grandsons 2nd B-day this weekend! frown

I'm hoping to break away to get out fishing for a few hours on Sat at least.

Hope we get that year end big snow Xplorer was talking about yet! frown

I rode the NSST sunday ,,,unloaded just northeast of Duluth and headed up the shore,, I was the only set of tracks on the trail for the first 20 miles with an inch of lake affect snow on the trail ,,,I didn't see another sled on the trip to Beaver Bay but passed a few on the trip back ,,,Trail conditions were fair to good but snow is in the forecast and if I wasn't headed to LOW for a 4 day fishing trip I would be heading back up the shore this weekend

Just checked my snow meter 5 inches of fresh snow here in Hermantown and its still coming down ,,,,If I wasnt headed to LOW for the long weekend I know I would be on the trails riding

Well the weekend after that then!! grin