• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

RV Antifreeze Question?

DRH1175

On the bottle it states good to -50. To test I put a full gallon of 2 different brands outside last night. I had -12. One brand was just about solid actually had the bottom pushed out. and the other was slushy. What gives? I usally blow out my lines and just pour it in traps and a little in each holding tank. But for those that run it through lines I am not sure I would.

I found this on an RV web site.

"Propylene glycol antifreezes are designed to provide burst protection to temperatures of -50°F or below. Ice crystals will start to form in -50 RV Antifreeze at temperatures around +10°F and will appear to be solid ice at around -10°F to -15°F. Propylene glycol based antifreezes continue to contract and will not expand until temperatures of -50°F are reached, thus providing burst protection for pipes."

Down along the border we cross over and buy the cheapest vodka or tequila we can find.....I mean CHEAP. We dump it in water lines. NOTHING will freeze that stuff. Nothing. Not even a glance from your sister in law who hates you!