• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Late Super Bowl Predictions

fishersofmen

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he is an immature, unprofessional tool. I find it hard to believe anyone would actually find his antics amusing.

So professional athletes have to always be robots? Come on, its entertaining. I think its ridiculous that the NFL has such an issue with him, so he wants to wear gold shoes, so he doesn't like speaking in public. Big deal. There are plenty of other guys you can interview.

Tom Brady will gladly tell you all about his balls.

It is what it is. Just doesn't seem like too big of a deal to answer a few questions even if the media is a pita fans still like to get to know pro athletes a little bit. If every player in the nfl did the same thing there would be some problems. At the end of the day these players need the media. The media has a great deal to do with why they make such absurd money in the first place.

I would like to see someone try to interview him and Popovich at the same time. grin

really? That's too bad. I thought this was pretty good

He makes me laugh. I don't understand why the media needs to push the guy. There has been some speculation he might have social anxiety disorder.

Remember when the Broncos' offensive line refused to speak to the media? If one of them spoke to the media, that player was fined by the other linemen. Everyone thought it was so cute. When Goodell became commissioner in 2007 the league started its policy of fining players for not speaking to the media.

Also of interest is that Lynch has been fined more for not speaking to the media than the original fine given to Ray Rice for the KO he inflicted on his fiancé. Priorities.

I can see both sides but if I were a player I wouldn't want to talk to the media either, BUT I'd also understand that I'm making millions playing a game and I signed a contract saying it was required that I have to talk to the media.

He has explained why he doesn't want to talk to the media and it sounds pretty legit....

" I've never seen anybody win the game in the media. But at the same time, I understand what it could do for you, if you wanted to be someone who talks a lot. But that's not me.

And I'm not as comfortable, especially at the position I play, making it about me. As a running back, it takes five offensive linemen, a tight end, a fullback and possibly two wide receivers, in order to make my job successful. But when I do interviews, most of the time it'll come back to me. There are only so many times I can say, 'I owe it to my offensive linemen,' or, 'The credit should go to my teammates,' before it becomes run down.

This goes back even to Pop Warner. You'd have a good game and they'd want you to give a couple of quotes for the newspaper, and I would let my other teammates be the ones to talk. That's how it was in high school, too. At Cal, I'd have my cousin, Robert Jordan, and Justin Forsett do it."

The funny thing is by trying to make it not about him, he has managed to make it all about him. Instead, maybe he could simply say nothing he does would be possible without his team mates and to spend a few minutes explaining the small things they did on particular plays that made his job possible. That would give the league what they want while giving his team the credit he feels they deserve.

The funny thing is by trying to make it not about him, he has managed to make it all about him. Instead, maybe he could simply say nothing he does would be possible without his team mates and to spend a few minutes explaining the small things they did on particular plays that made his job possible. That would give the league what they want while giving his team the credit he feels they deserve.

90% plus of athletes in all sports, some really smart people ranging down to some not very smart and almost all of them have learned pretty quickly how to answer the questions with a benign list of cliché's. The offensive players compliment the defense and vice versa, some thank God, they thank the fans, the coaching staff etc. They've done this because once they get burned saying anything meaningful they learn quickly to say nothing.

Lynch has now started a trend that's now being joked about. After Tiger's 82 he shot the other day the first thing he said at the interview was..."I'm just hear so I don't get fined." Mike Yeo said it a few days earlier.

Well boys, you can tell your grandchildren that you were watching when the dumbest play call in football was made. And it was made by the coach of the team that had a Super Bowl win waiting a short rush away.

Unbelievable! Historic. The man will never live it down.

Because of good coaching the defense knew exactly what play was coming, and got the interception. Seattle would have scored on the play, if it wasn't for the great defensive play. I admire the whole play. The next two plays, showed which team had the most class, or were sore losers.

I'd bet most of us were taught by our parents or a coach how to win and how to lose starting at 4 years old playing Chutes and Ladders. The end of game antics by some of the Seattle players was sad. I don't care if it's football or tennis that behavior reflects what kind of people some of them are and they did it on the biggest stage possible.

I'd bet most of us were taught by our parents or a coach how to win and how to lose starting at 4 years old playing Chutes and Ladders. The end of game antics by some of the Seattle players was sad. I don't care if it's football or tennis that behavior reflects what kind of people some of them are and they did it on the biggest stage possible.

Straight outa Compton