• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Dead stick or Bobber line

WalleyeSlayer21

WalleyeSlayer it depends on what else you are looking to target. I notice you want to catch crappies and walleyes. When I am fishing for both I jig for crappies with a buckshot spoon, but have a glow fatboy jig with a wax worm ready if they don't want the buckshot with a minnow head. I then set my float to foot off the bottom if I am trying to target walleyes if I am only after crappies set it to where you are seeing the crappies showing up on the vex.

One night I did what Moose said at a place where I caught a few crappies earlier in the season and ended up catching only one fish all night which was on the minnow under bobber. The one fish was a 25" walleye. I've been fishing like that since, but have yet to have it happen twice.

Sometimes I rig both rods with a tungsten jig tipped with a 1" gulp minnow. I keep one by my side and barely in the water of my 2nd hole so that as soon as I land a fish on one, and unhook it, I drop the other right away to take advantage of the small window of time that it takes for a small school to come through. Though it only gives me maybe a 10 to 15 second advantage after unhooking the crappie and dropping my jig down the hole, I feel it makes me faster especially in the event I have to put on a new gulp minnow. I've tried simultaneously jigging but I can't multitask so I don't do that anymore.