• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

rubber roof on ice house

walleye 4 me

Have done the last 2 with rubber, just made sure you get the right stuff

Mule hide, will not come up, and make sure its warm out or do it inside.

Roll rubber out and let it sit for a couple days to get the wrinkles out.

I believe 10'x20' at Menards is about $120.

I would finish it off with 2" strips of diamond plate instead of termination bar, just looks better.

Bought some at FF. Rubber cement to stick down with a trim all around edge.

Trick is to only do a couple feet at a time.

Start with half laying flat on roof other half flopped on top of that with a thick broom stick in the fold. Coat 2 feet of roof and rubber, let dry and then pull broom stick forward and rubber will slowly stick to roof as pulled forward. Little at a time. Small sections at a time and it lays down nice.

I think the stuff at FF is 10 ft wide

that is cheaper than I was expecting. I am planning an 8x16 with 4 foot V so a 20 foot long roll might be short after you hang it over the edge. Do they make a longer piece or can you put a seal in it? also, where is a good place to get diamond plate metal? Might use this inside of the wheel wells if not to expensive.

Have done the last 2 with rubber, just made sure you get the right stuff

Mule hide, will not come up, and make sure its warm out or do it inside.

Roll rubber out and let it sit for a couple days to get the wrinkles out.

I believe 10'x20' at Menards is about $120.

I would finish it off with 2" strips of diamond plate instead of termination bar, just looks better.

Remember the glue will be almost as much as the rubber, maybe more. The company actually recommends the latex but most will tell you to use the contact cement styl. I used latex on the last 2 houses and it worked great. Plus when you put the rubber down you actually have time to work out any bubbles or creases.

I don't know if the stuff I used was latex ?

But if you know a roofer, changes are he'll have some mule hide laying around, put it on and put rubber over it and use something heavy to get the bubbles/wrinkles out and let dry a couple days, install diamond plate and cut extra off with utility knife and your good to go.

Alum.siding and other goodies I got at Ice Assault(Big Lake)

Diamond plate I got somewhere down town Minneapolis(someone may know)

If I remember right siding was $70-75 a sheet and DP was $80-85

Another thought if you do know a roofer he may have rubber laying around and if its not big enough he'll seem it,see it all the times on roofs.

I did an 8x12 and had enough left over for a 6x8. The glue was I think about $60. I also did the diamond plate edges and it looks good.

that is cheaper than I was expecting. I am planning an 8x16 with 4 foot V so a 20 foot long roll might be short after you hang it over the edge. Do they make a longer piece or can you put a seal in it? also, where is a good place to get diamond plate metal? Might use this inside of the wheel wells if not to expensive.