• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Smallies on Pepin (PICS)

carlcmc

Last Sunday, during the mayfly hatch, took the family out on pepin for the first time. Didn't have much luck until we fished against a wind blown shore in 4-6' of water with leeches on slip bobbers at around 3' depth. Must have look enough like the black mayflies to trigger a bite.

This first one hit as i was fooling around with getting the bobber stop set. Not too bad.
0.jpg

This one was real nice (hey no looking at the wife). I estimated it too be around 3-4 pounds (because my scale had just fallen overboard when we grabbed the net-yeah, bummer). It was taken on one of the kids lines that we had taken over because they weren't into it right then. You know kid's lines -- 6lbs with knots here and there and all frayed. So took a while to land it.

1.jpg

[This message has been edited by carlcmc (edited 07-23-2004).]

the big one was 3 lbs at least. may not show in the picture, because it was not zoomed in but i know it was. i have held 3, 4 and 5 lb bass. this was 3 lbs.

what kind of person comes on forum to make a judgement about the weight of someone's fish just by a pic?

[This message has been edited by carlcmc (edited 07-26-2004).]

C'mon guys, give the guy some credit for catching the fish instead of judging how big they are. Its not always size the counts, pictures can make things look smaller as well. Personally I'd be greatful to catch some like that. Carlcmc, nice fish man!

b. downey

Pictures can lie like a rug one way or another. I say nice fishies.

Guys, who cares how much they weigh. The dude was on a pontoon with the LW and the kids. To catch a fish under those oppressive circumstances is a feat in itself. There's been times where I've passed the rod to both kids and the wife to reel in a sheepshead to kill the complaint chain.

------------------
Ray Esboldt

Catch-N Tackle
MarCum
Stone Legacy

[This message has been edited by Ray Esboldt (edited 08-04-2004).]