• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Homemade UV LED lure dip glow cup for a vex.

Agronomist_at_IA

Got the ruff idea from another so I made a removable UV LED lure dip cup for night fishing glow lures.

Got a plug that matched up with the power plug for the flex light on my vexilar so I can just plug it in to run the LED lights.

B955DEC2-7748-401A-A314-E70DE50C9794_zps

Took a plastic cup drilled a hole in bottom to run power cord and wrapped UV LED lights inside cup.

E9EFD58F-D999-4654-BD37-17DF6AE3CA75_zps

I can slip the cord threw the hole in the bottom of the vex cup holder. So it is removable if desired.

0CCA052B-01D1-416B-87F0-CD1F3A0468AA_zps

The whole proces took about 5min to make.

15EE4D09-18A6-4116-A8D5-15FC4BC70681_zps

6F93A487-F9BE-422C-8C4B-765707B6846F_zps

Pretty neat! I might have missed it, but where did you get the light strip?

its a strip just off of e of the bay. There is an adhesive on the back of the strip to stick to the cup. Also, there is wires at both ends, and once you have the length you want, you just cut the strip off at a cut line. So you can make two out on strip.

That looks great Agronomist, good idea. How do you think it will hold up over time from having the water from the lure dripping on the exposed light components?

I cant remember, but i think the led strip is water resistant. I guess I could take a clear solo cup and install a clear barrier so I dont happen to hook the light strip or get them wet.

The cup was a free one from work lights were like $10 and i got enough to make two cups........So Even if it doesnt last more then a season its not a big expense or job to make up another. Got about $5 invested in it. I think the northland UV Glow buster cost me $15, and I'm more likely to drop that one down the hole.

Nice, I did that with a strip light I got at a farm n fleet store (not the big orange) in my local town, used a one pound tin coffee can and added a homemade hook from a coat hanger, now I have light in the hub and a glow dipper.. runs a long time on a gel battery... great minds eh crazy ??

19 minutes ago, jbird68 said:

I would like to buildl my own glo-cup. Vixilar wants $30 for theirs. I also saw where someone is 3D printing a cup and putting lihts just on the bottom surface.

papadarv has some very good homemade gizmo ideas. Hope he will come by with some. ?

Not sure why the corpse of three year old thread is being revived, but hey.   

I have had great luck with $2.99 UV flashlight.  I have found that rotating the glow jig seems to work to get the entire glow surface charged up and defeats the need for any sort of magic light box.

1 hour ago, bobbymalone said:

Not sure why the corpse of three year old thread is being revived, but hey.   

I have had great luck with $2.99 UV flashlight.  I have found that rotating the glow jig seems to work to get the entire glow surface charged up and defeats the need for any sort of magic light box.

same here.... UV light is key, but for a few bucks you can get one online