• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Tom7227

auger extensions

Last year guys were scrambling to find them. Might want to get ahead of the curve and pick one up. Might not need it this year but when you do would really will wish you had one on the shelf in the garage.

Actually if it is in the garage and you need it there could be a problem.

Hey, speaking of auger extensions. I'm heading to LOTW in january. Should i bring my extension? I usually don't start drilling until the ice starts and usually stop when i've busted through.

I always get a kick out the "do I need to bring an extension?" threads....like it's a huge piece of specialized equipment that requires you to pull permits to haul down the highway grin

It doesn't matter if there is a foot of ice or four, it's with me wink

Always be prepared. I was at Devils lake last year and the bottom of the auger was touching (with extension) on breakthrough's even though i heard all week that we would be fine without extension. We've needed an extension 9 out of the last 10.

I just made my own 2 foot one out of solid aluminum today. Made it so it fits into the auger and I can adjust it too different lengths when needed.

Since I am normal sized (6'7") I usually leave my extension on, it is more comfortable for me to drill through 2' of ice instead of stooping all day long

I'm 5'7" and should quality for a "Handicap" permit when I have to use an auger extension. I've found for walking through thick stuff grouse hunting it's a benefit being short, for the extension it's a little tough.

I always get a kick out the "do I need to bring an extension?" threads....like it's a huge piece of specialized equipment that requires you to pull permits to haul down the highway grin

It doesn't matter if there is a foot of ice or four, it's with me wink

I have a special holder on my hitch hauler just for when i need my extension. smile lol.

You guys are too nice.

Mine is always in my tackle bag. There when i need it; in the bag when i don't.

Isn't it Clam that makes the adjustable one? Why ever take it off?

It only fits Clam and Strikemaster hand augers.

Fit's my Ion just fine. It slides down into the drill for shorter extension, it's never been off since putting it on.