• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wheelhouses and the warm weekend...

waligators

How many of you guys are leaving/taking your houses onto the ice this weekend? Haven't had my house out yet this year (6'6"x17' / 2,200 lbs)and Ive got the itch something fierce! But, I don't want any issues either with possibly sinking it. The lake I want to hit had a good 12" before this warm up. Would be pulling it out with a wheeler and back off the ice tomorrow. Where I live was 37 degrees yesterday and suppose to hit 43 today, but the wind is only suppose to be 10 mph.

I would do what you feel is safe and what u r comfortable with. I would not leave it overnight, take it out and fish and take it back if nothing more than not having to worry about it. Better safe than sorry, why chance it over some fish. I have not had my wheel house out in south central and won't till it gets colder. Some in my area do and that's fine, guess I do not want to b at home and have to worry about it.

I pulled my 7 x 10 spear shack on wheels yesterday. Hole was starting to wash, and when they do that you can go from no problem to BIG problem in a few hours.

It might have been okay, but I slept better knowing it was on shore. I can easily pull it back down when it tightens up again.