• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Internal Weights for Tubes

Down to Earth

A while back I saw a program in which they used an internal weight that had a hole in it that you could run the hook through and the hook tip sat next to the tube instead of out away from the tube. I just bought some bass tubes and wanted to get the weight system, but couldn't find any. They salesperson and Gander didn't know what I was talking about and unfortunately I didn't know what company produced the produce. Does anyone know of what I'm talking about and where I could get them? THanks.

A friend of mine down in Texas gave me a couple of these. I have used them here in Minn. and they work great. The tube rig is made almost weedless.
I thought he got them at Bass Pro in Dallas, so I checked Bass Pro Shops Online.
Eureka! Check them out under "tube weights".
Good Fishing.

I think I know what you're talking about. I found some at Gander. They were located with their jig heads for worms. The weedless ones. I don't recall the name either. They are cylindrical about 1/2 inch or so long. I saw these being used on In-fisherman showing the skipping method under docks.

I just bought some two weeks ago -- they even had an internal rattle -- at the Gander Mountain at 101 and 7, in Minnetonka.

I think the brand name was E-Z Tube. They work nice once you get the hang of them.

Does anyone use the heavier ones for wall fishing on Milfoil?

I have a used a variety of these and now I find myself using the ones made by Lindy. They come in a Red package and you can find them at most stores. I love puttin the weight inside the tube cause it works awesome for skippin! Well Good Luck

Chev

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I was able to find them on Bass Pro HSOforum. Before I order, I'm wondering what size should I order. The tubes I bought were the larger 3" tube. Sorry for all the questions as I'm pretty new to this. THanks.

Andy

Guys,
Gander does sell them, and they absolutely have them at the Gander in Lakeville, I know, because I put em' there. They are made by EZ-Tube, and they come in a red and or yellow package dependent on which style and size you want, and unless they have been moved since I left there, you will find them right next to the mushroom jigheads in the Bass jig aisle.

Andy, go ahead and buy several sizes. They are not that expenive. Like jigs, it is good to have several sizes on hand. The appropriate size to use depends on the size of the tube you use, the speed of the drop and the depth you are fishing.

They are at all of the bigger stores, gander, galyans, cabelas, etc. I really like them they just look more natural without a big weight on front, and the bass sure seem to prefer them when I fish with them. They come in a bunch of different weights for different circumstances, and are pretty easy to get into the bait too. But make sure you dip them in water before returning to your tackle box because when surrounded by salty tube bait they can get rusty.