• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Beeping sound in ice castle

Coldwater Crappie Guy

I am wondering if anyone knows what the beeping sound is in my 2015 Ice Castle? Is it a low battery indicator? I have been running my generator all day to charge the battery, but when we go to bed at night it takes about 6 hours the "beeping" starts and will go away as soon as we hook up the generator.

Thanks in advance!

Carbon monoxide detector - the aa battery may be getting weak

Not sure that a CO detector would be impacted by the generator, something tells me it's not hooked to 110v at all.

Sounds like some kind of low battery indicator if it goes away when you turn on the generator. If you're only getting 6 hours out of your deep cycle battery, you must be running some pretty high-draw stuff. Is this a new battery?

Does your furnace have a co detector also, if so the batteries u are charging may be low on powe after u turn the generator off, I know in my Ice Castle, if the battery power goes below I believe 11.7 then it beeps and will stop the fan when the battery power gets to low. So when the generator is running and charging the furnace battery all is fine but when it is running only on the battery and it gets low, on comes the beep. That's of course if u have a set up I'm your IC like I do. I would have the battery tested to start with.

That's the weird thing about it, when we go to bed the only thing drawing off the battery would be the heater. I would think that a deep cycle should be able to run the furnace all night long. I am pretty sure it's not the co2 detector. But I'll defiantly check the battery's in the detector .

My buddy had same problem and it was the house battery. The charger that was on his ice castle was never getting the battery charged up, must be a trickle. Once we pulled the battery and put a full charge in it the c/o detector stopped beeping.

I would agree Wheelyc. One can charge a battery all they want but if it is not getting a full charge, then at night when the battery gets below a certain level, on comes that darned alarm. Have had it happen and I fire up the generator and as soon as it gets a very small amount of a charge, beep goes away. Got home and purchased a new battery as my other one that I was using had a dead cell.

IN my original reply, I said CO detector and I should have said my LP detector up by the furnace, my mistake. I also notice when the battery is in good shape, the green flashing light is always green, when things get low, she turns to a flashing yellow.

I would take the battery off that runs the furnace and have that checked to see what the condition is, if it is low, have your charger checked as that may not be putting out the needed charge to recharge the battery so it can run all night long as far as the heater goes. My guess is, this will resolve your issue. Or, put a battery you know is at full charge and in good condition and run it at home and see in the morning if it is still working with no beep, if so, then you know it is either your charger or the battery you were using.

I had a new radio put in my lund years ago. When it came back first trip out when the battery got to a certain level the radio would beep. A constant per second beep, beep, beep. I can't remember if it was a resistor or what it was. Do you have a radio in it hooked to system?

I just called ice castle and they said the next time I am using it that I need to check the main fuse and the 2 inline fuses near the battery box . I will start there .

I know that when I first got my brand new IC one of the inline fuses from the batteries was blown. Once i fixed that fuse everything worked just fine. I always carry spare fuses for the inline fuses now. I think with the fuse that was blown i was pretty much running off of one of the batteries and not both.