• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

RUNNINGS in Monticello?

Never heard of them until watching an Outdoor show the other day and then seen the new one in Monticello today. Looks like they could give Fleet a run and put GM out altogether with Fleet and them spread around? I checked a lot of pricing on outdoor items and they seem to be right around or with Fleet pricing. It may come down to a battle of Sales! wink

Leech-

Runnings is awesome. Every year I hit the one in Parkston South Dakota south of Mitchell. Used to pick up a candy called Zours for my kids since we didn't seem to find it anywhere else.

FF may be my favorite store in the world and I haven't been to the Monti Runnings but been to several others in Western MN and SD. They are a smaller version of FF, same kind of stuff, you don't have to walk a million miles because they are smaller.

I like that you could buy cow supplies, horse supplies, fishing gear, hardware, candy and nuts and maybe even some clothes in one stop. I don't have cows or horses either.

I will have to say that the new one in Monticello has a pretty good size Sporting area with a bait store with it's own door at the end of the building which may come in handy if they opens early enough in the mornings? I have a Fleet a few miles away which I almost live at so I may not get to the RUNNINGS up there much but it seems like a pretty nice store for people in that area. wink

One of their newer stores in Austin,where I grew up,they had bunch of portables on display before Thanksgiving.The closest FF is Owatonna & Rochester so there's no competition for the hunting & fishing items.Did a little price comparison on their shelters & they are higher than L&M but so is just about everyone else.

They have new stores in New Umm and Redwood Falls and Montivideo. The new stores are a big step up from the old ones and they greatly expanded their ice fishing displays.Probably my favorite location is in Brookings SD which is where I have been working and staying the last week.

They are not as big as Mills but they are expanding the stores and it looks like pricing is competitive.

Runnings in Monticello is awesome! much more than a "oversize hardware store" as stated above! prices on tools are better than FF I really like FF but being closer and having better prices im going to runnings!! almost forgot..when your walking around the store its easy to get any help unlike last time at FF