• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Morson Ice Conditions

Just got back from morson today. Went for a short snowmobile ride It was realy nice riding not a lot of busted up ice. Where I checked the ice it was a soild 10 inches. I did not get to fish just check on cabin and a short snowmobile ride. Going back up Friday to fish for the weekend will give another report.

Made it out today tried going out and checking out the ice further out couldn't see anything to foggy very easy to get turned around. I figured it wasn't safe driving blind on unknown ice. I fished closer to the cabin this evening threw a few back got a 24 inch walleye and a couple of keepers. Pulled my 6.5 x 12 fish house out with the snowcat the snow was getting a little thin towards the end of the day. Depending on what way you go there are a few large breakers to deal with. Forget the tape measure to check ice thickness but I met a full size pickup on the way in.

Just got back from morson brought our limit home. Had a good evening bite and early moring. We caught a few after dark on Saturday nite and a few in the dark sunday morning kind of crazy. Fished a small reef in about 17 feet water there was 14 inches of ice on the tape measure. Pulled the house off this evening with snowmobile not much snow on the lake going back on Friday.

Thanks again for the ice and fishing reports! We are planning on brining the sleepr house up there and pulling it out with the wheeler, it appears like there should be enought ice. Talked to another guy who was up in that region and said there may be a few breakers to travel around but otherwise should be good. Thanks for the snow report too, some guys in the group were wondering about it as they are wanting to bring sleds. Heading up Wednesday night through the weekend, will give a report when I return.

Good luck, D & B

Got back yesterday morning from our trip. Fishing was definitely slower than what we are used to for mid December fishing and the size was lacking as well. Still caught fish, roughly 20-25/guy/day but lots of 10-14" fish. Out biggest was 25" with 4 pout and 4 tullibees as well. 2 of the 3 days we didn't get fishing until 11 due to late night card playing in the cabin and drinks. But the one morning we did get fishing at 8 and from 845-945 it was lights out. Hard to use two lines at times, even though most were small still fun fishing when it was that fast paced. Red glow seemed to be the hot jig color under a bobber with a minnow and gold was the hot spoon color.

Roughly 18-20" of ice where we fished. Lots of rough ice with very little snow. Good luck!

Soooo jealous. I'm heading up mid january so hopefully there will be more snow for the sleds, but the ice report sounds great. Are there any snowmobile trails marked yet that you know of? Any car or truck traffic or roads marked/plowed?

Thanks for the report! It keeps me going while stuck in this office.

We got a couple inches of snow on sunday makes it a little better riding with the snowmobile. I spent most of the day on Saturday looking for crappies without much luck. We got more snow in the forecast. I have put about 180 miles on the sleds in the last two weekend chaseing fish.

We were actually at a friends cabin a bit closer towards the Harris Hill area so we did not go directly out of Morson, we typically do that more in March but just stuck around the cabin on this trip. No trucks that we saw, just wheelers and sleds but where we were a person could have drove but I don't want to say that for everywhere as I am not sure excpet where we were. No crappies but we have never caught one where we fished this weekend either. Good luck, hope to hear reports so I can drool on my keyboard until my next trip!