• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Twins Hot Stove talk

toughguy

What an embarrassment yesterday was! 17-4, and Dick Bremer said the game wasn't as close as the score indicated...wow! Pretty sad when the highlight for the twins was Shane Robinson being pulled from left field to pitch in the 8th inning. With that being said, I did clap and cheer when he got the strikeout to end the inning.

Glad I didn't waste any time or electricity on that ugly spectacle. Seems to be a repeating cycle. Will they go 17 - 34 from here on out in order to lose 90? The way they've played in August so far am not holding my breath.

My goodness this team is exciting to watch! Just when your ready to write them off, they go on a tear and get back in the playoff spot (even if it only lasted 1 day). Kinda' looks like Baltimore and Tampa Bay might be falling away, but then again, so were the twins last week :eek: Best case scenario...the yankees completely fall apart, and the twins and rangers are the wild cards.

19% Chance of making the playoffs they were saying, I'll say sure beats the last bunch of years when we were at 0% chance by now. I don't believe in Darin "doogie" Wolfsan (sp) on channel 5 at times but claims twins tossed an 8 year ext. 125 Million to Sano's agent and he laughed at that, "not even close" etc. But we got him locked for 5-6 more years I hope. Don't need the next David Ortiz getting away, did you see Ortiz is closing in on 30 jacks again, that surprises me some. Had to laugh unknowingly many relatives went to the twins game last wkd, Joe rode pine again, my sister spur of the moment went and reported " 2nd time to target field and 2nd time Mauer sat the bench" said haha to her. Need an APB on Ricky "49 mill" Nolasco, that contract per dollar is worse then Joe's, these Worley's etc. NL pitchers we need to leave em in the NL, they can squeeze out of tough innings pitching to the pitcher etc. but the AL few weaknesses to exploit, where are you Ricky ?

Your sister must just be unlucky since Mauer has played in 127 of 130 games this season.19% chance for the playoffs? I think we might be listening to a few more games after the season ends. I don't think anyone here would have put money down that the Twins would be hanging around let alone still playing better then .500 ball

I think Nolasco is part of the witness protection plan! They have been entertaining as of late despite showing glimpses of the Twins of old, er, at least not that long ago. Hopefully in another year they'll learn how to put teams away. They've got some tools in place to do it but it just doesn't happen to be in the starting pitching department. Sano's homer last night was a thing of beauty after letting the Sox back in the game. The guy is a beast and has pieces of pitchers like Nate Jones in his stool! :D  

I think it might be time to put Jepsen in as the closer permanently. Perkins just doesn't seem to have it all together right now. Maybe put him on the 15 day DL so he can heal up properly. 

With the success of Torii Hunter coming back to Minnesota, any chance the twins ever bring back AJ Pierzinski?

No doubt Mr. Klean, we could add to the Ramos list, to me that was a very scary move losing him cuz he has that Yadier Molina look about him and could've been signed for low $'s at the time, the Ben Revere scared me to because the year before him "we need a speedy lead off hitter and year after him "we need a speedy lead off hitter" etc. Was the issue in not re-signing Joe's big contract ? They showed on the news how Joe is making more then 11 current twins combined etc. Anyway I'm sure Joe will be put on waivers again soon like they do every year and T. Ryan's phone remains silent like every year, you want to shell out 23 million per for a first baseman who ranks 190th in jacks ? I agree with all who read this home runs aren't everything I agree of course but is there a contribution then in stolen bases or rbi's or 2 out hitting or batting average etc. exemplar defense etc. When I close my eyes biggest HR I think I ever saw hit was Kent Hrbek's slam vs the cards in 1987 so there's a time and a place where a bomb can swing the game in your favor and demoralize who you're playing especially if they're the road team. Cmon twins, oh man Sano looks sick at the plate was it a K 11/12 at bat streak recently maybe worse, he's hurting for sure. 

Well, last night all but eliminated us from the playoffs. Sure, mathematically we can still win out, and the astros can lose out, and force a game 163 (which would be awesome). Apparently with the new wildcard system, a game 164 is possible as well. Anyway, it would be easy to put the blame on Perkins. But I'm gonna give him a pass. In all honesty, with his back problem and poor performances, he should've been shut down weeks ago. Neal Cotts should've been our setup guy. I hope they bring Cotts and Jepsen back for next year, and let all 3 compete for closer and setup. Hopefully the twins can still win out to top off what has been a great and exciting season. Next year can't come soon enough!

Mr. Klean, 172 million spent on those 2 players seems to defy Twins logic and Terry Ryan as the guy although was Billy Smith likely behind those deals ? I was praying for a Mauer miracle last weekend but 0-4 with 3 K's facing a righty when it finally meant the most must win and barely could make contact not that Joe should shoulder the load but when you bat 3rd the team is saying you are the best, the final results Joe was 4th in BA on our team, like 8th in HR's on the team, etc. plus he had the 2nd most at bats behind Dozier, I think 598 at bats so he had way way more opportunities to hit tilts and gain RBI's. He and Plouffe led the Majors as a tandem in GIDP.  I don't know, we don't know, can he have a bigger type season in the next 3 years ? I think the jury is out. Simple fix put Joe at Catcher, my word Pierzynski caught another thousand innings this year. Joe to catch Sano and Plouffe can figure out 3rd and 1st. Joe can DH the other 81 games and or spot start at first. It was a great year to see what we had with our rookies, they held up pretty darn good overall. 

Oh brother, hot stove talk, 0-8 to start the 2016 campaign when no 0-7 team has ever made the playoffs seems idk what the words are to describe it. Of course Mauer is on fire with no 1 else other then Escobar I think has started the season nicely. I didn't foresee the strikeout rate and not sure what that is telling us about the squad. Saw every American League team has at least 3 wins so far, I hope today is win # 1. I do not believe Paul Molitor is manager material or if so he looked completely burned out before the season started, gardy can sit back and smile a touch. We have an excellent candidate to be manager and I hope we don't lose him soon. He won the Class A title for us(coached), then he won (coached) our double AA team to a title so to speak, he wore a gold medal around his neck after winning the Olympics with Lasorda some years ago now. Doug and boy Mientkiwicz lol if that's spelled right. He's our guy. Molitor seems like the tank is out of gas and not saying he isn't good or he's the problem at all, he just seems spent 365 days a year. 0 emotion. No fire at all, step aside Moli and let the Douger have this thing before we lose him.  

No other word than pathetic to describe it. I wonder sometimes about Bruno's batting coach ability as career .245 hitter. They're just not getting it done at the plate right now and if it doesn't change soon, someone will make a change for them. Guaranteed.

I concur, what an ugly homestand now 0-9. So it's already time to look forward to Viking training camp ( or the WIld's playoff with Dallas which is not shaping up well for MN) as no 0-7 team has ever made the playoffs how about 0-9 ? April 14th and there's barely a punchers chance of making a wild card spot. Season is toast before it even got going. Like going to a circus, the twins are just an event to go see. No doubt how's Bruno in there ? He gets a front row seat to watch MLB baseball all season, he has a great job, for now, shall see if he makes it through April. Bye Moli, hello Doug Mientkawicz lol love spelling his last name wrong as usual. Joe solid still no K's and a 1-3 with a walk, Escobar is falling toward reality also. What a mess seems to fit MN pro sports well though, we hope and hope and hope some more but reality says  T R O U B L E. 

Thought maybe we'd go to see a Twins game or two. Looks like the only reason to go is out of morbid curiosity.

MINNEAPOLIS -- Mat Latos put together his second straight quality start and the White Sox produced enough offense against Ervin Santana to claim a 3-1 victory Thursday and sweep the three-game series from the Twins at Target Field.

The White Sox improved to 7-2 overall and a robust 6-1 on the road, while the Twins fell to 0-9. Per MLB Network pregame notes, the Twins are off to the franchise's worst start since the 1904 Washington Senators opened their season with an 0-13-1 mark in their first 14 games. The Twins became the fourth team since 1969 unable to score more than three runs in any of their first nine games.