• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Twins Hot Stove talk

toughguy

Dumpster Fire!

Prior to yesterdays homer from Dozier the Twins as a team had 145 at bats with RISP and were batting .179 with zero homers!

They need to do something about how often they are striking out also, just pathetic.

Like that one a lot Big D scroll up two notches lol. Very disappointing that the season as far as extending the season is toast. Will take free tickets and free gas to get me to drive into the asphalt jungle this Summer. I don't think Moli is the guy. World Series MVP, Hall of Famer, etc. but managing today's ballplayers doesn't seem to be whatever the words are. Doug Mientkiwicz is the guy until we lose him. Moli needs to step aside the sooner the better not that Dougie can right the ship for a year or 2 but he is I feel the right guy. Moli has no passion left and it's visually obvious and auditorily  (not a word) obvious. He did not back up Sano the night he got booted nor did he back our catcher the night he was questioning balls and strikes, that alone is reason enough, you better have their backs Moli even if it's in the wrong. 0 fire, no energy, lame post game pressers. Step aside Moli we love you but managing is not your strength. Or invest in cases of energy drinks so you don't look so sleepy all the time. Those mosquito bites and gnats coming Moli will only add insult to injury and those plane rides all around the USA aren't gonna be much fun when you're 30th in the MLB power rankings. Will take you after walleyes Moli in 8 days if you let Dougie have it lol.

I am very well versed in this (former 6th-8th grade girls softball coach:crazy:)  

As for hitting, see the ball, hit the ball

Fielding, see the ball, catch the ball

Throwing, see your target, throw to your target

Simple, right!?!?!

Well, as this dumpster continues to burn, what are predictions now for a final record?

I am going with 58-104.  Kinda optimistic they will improve Thier .250 win % to a robust .380 for the remainder!:crazy:

This coaching staff needs to be blown up!  

The players obviously aren't without fault here, but there are too many game decisions that are just plain poor.  Their not going to right this sinking ship, however we need better decision makers.

This is getting hard to watch!

Ok I have never read this thread and I just saw the side note of it.  I am an avid Vikes fan good or bad and as an optimist I can usually see some good even in a bad season, except Les Steckels year.   And there has been other stressful years too.  One of my best friends has for 20 years tried to make me a Twins fan.  He still is a big fan.  I have tried.  I like the hats and shirts even though I don't own one I like the art work and colors.  That does count as a fan.  I want to go to a game at the new stadium with my wife who used to listen to games with her father before he died.  BUT they still are a terrible team.  What a mismanaged organization.  Can't they figure anything out????  I have been waiting and waiting and they still suck.  The minute they paid Joe the big bucks he immediately started sandbagging too.  They just have no clue as to how to run their business.  Maybe I should  be thanking them and my wife and I can get good seats cheap at the new stadium.  How do they expect to get new fans the way they muddle through this. When we talk about going to a game and we will eventually, the Twins winning isn't even on our mind.  We just hope it is a nice day and it will be fun to walk around and check out the new stadium.  As a matter of fact the Twins aren't a large part of why we are going.  How sad is that????

13 hours ago, LindellProStaf said:

They just have no clue as to how to run their business.

Trust me they know how to run a business, they run it really cheap and focus on $$$ instead of wins and losses. They got a shiny new taxpayer funded stadium and continue to fill a roster full of has been's and never will be's. 

And Mauers contract isnt keeping them from signing anyone. They have plenty of $$$ to spend on players. But I also dont fault players for not wanting to sign here either.

Its just frustrating after a few years of the same old garbage we see some glimmer last season. Thought they would be better this year. Now when I suspect that things cant get any worse, it does.

The worst part of it all, is that they will probably continue to not hold anyone accountable and pick up right where they leave off this year.

I hear all of that guys no doubt. Not to make light of a person's speech lets say but it isn't Tim Laudner, Hrbek, Gagne, Gaetti, Lombardozzi, Gladden, Puckett and Bruno with randy bush roy smalley and gene larkin coming off the bench. Frank Viola and Bert. toss in Chili Davis talking 1991 now and Scott Leius etc. Our guys too many can not speak enough English. Can Arcia, Sano, Nunez, Park, Escobar, Rosario,  etc. hard to completely love the guys and team when they can only interview Dozier or Mauer if he will. We used to have all Americans on the squad. This squad is hard to fall into that Summertime groove for. No more Nathan, Thome, Cuddyer's. The ? of the day is who is our lone all-star this year ? Can't pick Ron Coomer so who's it gonna be ?  

The entire league has gone international.  I've never really looked at it but I bet there aren't many teams in the league where American born players make up the large majority of the team any more. Every team is all over the Latin American players right now as that is where the bulk of the talent is coming from. Its a trend that's not going to end any time soon.

In reality the nationality of the players has nothing to do with why people can't support the team.  We can't support them because they'd probably lose to the 6th grade girls softball team that MNice used to coach. Switch the wins and loss columns around and I guarantee you people wouldn't care about the nationality of the players on a 33-11 team.

10 4 I wasn't saying we wouldn't love them etc.I'm saying I enjoyed getting to know the guys what they looked like sounded like what all of them had to say about the team. What town in the USA they came from what State etc. They could interview anybody we had the token Juan Bueringer see cant even spell it right but we loved him not quite but to nearly Puckett status up there anyway his passion, Eddie guards do their fire we appreciated. Sure every team is full of foreign players, but until I can understand them somewhat it's more challenging to enjoy the full MLB experience compared to the 80's when MLB hooked me.

few interesting stats I have seen over the last week of play:

Dozier's average up to .264, Mauer's down to .264

Max Keplers double in the 9th inning on Wednesday was the Twins first bases loaded 2 out hit of 2016, they are now 1 for 21....that is just pathetic

People complain twins need to spend money on pitching:

Santana = $13.5 Million

Nolasco = $12 Million

Hughes = $9.2 Million

Almost $35 million dollars, pitchers have to pitch. Huges is 30 years old and now done for the season. He will be owed $13.2 Million for 2017, 2018, 2019

Still disappointed we let Arcia go he has had some decent numbers since he left. Probably just a phase right? Its a lost season for the Rays anyway so they can give him all the at bats he needs to work through his struggles....hey wait minute couldnt the twins have done the very same thing!

Instead lets tell Sano to lose 30 pounds and learn to play in the outfield and risk injury

this team better be active at the deadline what an embarassment

The Twins did go and pay for pitching but they paid for middle of the road pitching.  If you want top tier pitching you'll likely have to spend double what they already do.  Plus they'll probably have to tack on a couple million more to lure a good pitcher to this bad team.

I was a little surprised to see them let Arcia go.  The Twins could have potentially given him more at bats to work through his slump but they have a whole roster full of guys that are trying to work through their own slumps. Who else would you have given up on?

There is just so much going on with this team.  Everyone who played well and kept the team relevant last year took major steps backward, no one can stay healthy, every time they bring up a prospect to see what they've got he lets the team down and gets sent right back down.

The only positive that I can think of is that we'll get another top draft pick that we can look forward to disappointing us in a few years. 

On Sunday, May 08, 2016 at 11:15 PM, ANYFISH2 said:

Well, as this dumpster continues to burn, what are predictions now for a final record?

I am going with 58-104.  Kinda optimistic they will improve Thier .250 win % to a robust .380 for the remainder!:crazy:

Well dang-it anyhow, just had to put a 2 game winning streak together at the end!:cry:

I think the hot stove is unplugged and tossed into my ditch with the TV sets, mattresses, tires and more. Bags of leaves and deer parts will be next. I certainly don't hear how we're the model for small market teams anymore. Oh well maybe we'll take a step forward next year.