• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Twins Hot Stove talk

toughguy

Any hot stove talk lately, keep hearing about centerfield and lead off hitter, the dummies had one. How low can Joe lay ? I would to after the past few seasons. He needs to use maple also, he aint strong enough to swing ash anymore. Use Maple Joe, the bat you swing a rinky dink coach woulda put a lighter one in your hands. Joe's at bats= take strike one, foul off strike 2 then ground into a double play and tell your team he made a good pitch on me. He almost has to come out of the gates this season starting strong. I like that Torii is in town, he'll tell Joe like he told Morneau where the bear does his thing in the brush. You'll see a different Joe now that someone on the team will be willing to tell him like it is.

The hot stove seems quite cold. Less than a month and they report. Joe says like last year feeling great, never been better and with Molitor in town Joe will bounce back and have a good year, he has something to prove to the new skipper, himself, and the 99 million mauer jerseys that have been sold.

Attended home opener and OMG these guys are terrible!! The outfield is a joke, the ball boy was making better stops than Santana and they looked lazy, can't even execute the fundamentals. They make little league mistakes! I could go on and on but this is the worst team I can remember in my 50 years as a fan. GO KC!!!

Joe better start bouncing back sooner than later, that 1 rbi and no extrabase hits is ranking him 27th at first base, I know it's early it's early but the other 1st baseman aren't gonna wait for him to catch up. Play him at catcher and let Vargas have first on those days when he's spelling Suzuki or are we trying to save him for something that looks more years away then I thought ? We keep falling even though early in the year but do we have the kind of squad that can go on a tear or hot streak ? I think our pitching says no not really.

Our pitching is now saying yes we can lol, May,Gibby,Hughes,Millone, + Ervin someday eventually and things are looking up. The guys look good, the line-up seems to be set, the guys look fresh, we've matured and a lot of opponents don't seem that scary, our division doesn't seem so tough, pitch around Miguel Cabrera and miss Price's start and Detroit doesn't seem like the runaway favorite, very impressed with how they are righting the ship. Still plenty of hill to climb but we're still climbing while others are the ones sinking. We're in a good position to be in, got guys knocking on the major league door, time to get Buxton up here and blend him into this in center.

What! you mean it may not have been Gardy's fault? shocked

Or maybe it was?

wink It's a long season but they are playing some good ball right now. Don't think molitor is 100% responsible for where they are at now just like gardy wasn't 100% responsible for last couple years failures but definitely they both are/were part of it.

Lets not get ahead of ourselves. They are 15-13 right now but this time last year they were 15-16 so not much worse and they still ended up with 92 losses.

I still don't see this rotation maintaining these results over a full season.

Right not I don't think Molitor has had much of an impact either way, just too soon to tell. I personally subscribe to the theory that its the players that determine the outcome of the game. There is only so much a manager can do to positively or negatively impact a game, they can't pitch the ball or swing the bat.

A managers influence is usually more in the attitude of a club house but in the Twins case they have a "Twins way of doing things" which has been established by the organization over the years. The organization then find managers that will support this way of doing things. Any lack of attitude I would attribute to the overall organizations philosophy rather than the impact of any one manager.

Along with Calvin Griffith and his legendary hatred for Morgan Mundane. Ah, the good ol' days... grin Couldn't believe Nolasco actually got a win yesterday. crazy

Love the story on Torii bringing in the smoke machines and laser lights to clubhouse for after a win... and having team vote on player of the game to have them lead the team in a dance party before reporters are let in... Fun dump like that creates chemistry and that leads to WINS IMHO... that and pitching getting better.

I'm not ready to talk pennant race yet. Yes, a nice little run lately, but I don't believe their pitching can hold up all year like it has the last couple weeks.

Love the story on Torii bringing in the smoke machines and laser lights to clubhouse for after a win... and having team vote on player of the game to have them lead the team in a dance party before reporters are let in... Fun dump like that creates chemistry and that leads to WINS IMHO... that and pitching getting better.

I hadn't read that. Cool. That is what these guys need.

Pretty quite in here!!

Maybe it is time to start talking about this team alittle.   I am sure we all have our doubts of whether the rotation can continue pitching this well. However, they seem to just be getting stronger.

The fielding, minus Santana, is really coming on strong.  Outfield has improved a ton, Hicks is lights out in center.  And I am not anxious for Sano to come up and take time from Plouffe,  he has been great at 3rd and very solid with the bat.

Our lineup has been solid to say the least.  Timely hitting has been our strong suit. I really like the aggressive baserunning we have shown this year.  Now if we can start scoring in the middle innings.

Sure there may be some regression to the mean, but this team just may be one of the surprise teams this year.

Let chatter some.

this team has exceeded my expectations. enough for me to come up and attend a game this weekend lol. My wife and I used to make a good effort to drive up and watch them several times a season. The last few years we both have had no desire.

I am impressed so far, especially for putting runs up when Mauer is slumping. Its good to see different guys getting hits different nights. I just hope Mauer's numbers will come up.

Scoring runs early seems to be taking pressure off the pitchers. Hopefully Santana coming off his 80 games suspension will keep them going. If not, the Milone guy in AAA can take a spot or we move someone in a trade. I dont expect this staff to keep putting up the numbers they have been. Perkins leads the league in saves.

Regardless if Hunter can hit or not, he has brought some leadership with him and it seems to be helping with the clubhouse, celebrations after games etc. Mauer should be taking notes.....

With all that said there is ALOT of baseball to play yet, but I like where they are at, especially after such a poor start.