• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Twins Hot Stove talk

toughguy

As long as you have the current ownership in place a new manager or a set time won't matter. They got the public to foot the bill for Target Field and they aren't going to field anything but a good triple A team. It's all about the money and even a smaller average attendance isn't going to change their approach.

Wondering if that money to be spent for the remodeling and the bar could get us a decent outfielder or pitcher? I know lets go to a millennial bar and watch a team lose 90 games again. Man, are their priorities in the wrong place. The Twins just signed Tori Hunter to a one year deal. A small step in the right direction.

I just saw we got Torii back. Fine with me he seems like a great guy and this team could use some veteran leadership. 10.5 mil seems a bit steep for a 39 year old but several other teams were interested and he still had pretty good numbers last year, better than our guy who makes more than double that.

Like the Hunter signing... looking to complete the circle hopefully with Puck to hunter to Buxton maybe...

Rosen said on Kfan this AM that he envisions Hunter as a mentor to all the young guys about being a professional and taking pride in being a twin... I just hope he doesn't also tell them other teams pay way better.

Like the Hunter signing... looking to complete the circle hopefully with Puck to hunter to Buxton maybe...

Rosen said on Kfan this AM that he envisions Hunter as a mentor to all the young guys about being a professional and taking pride in being a twin... I just hope he doesn't also tell them other teams pay way better.

Why can't our 23 million dollar a year base salary man teach these youngsters about being a pro ? I like how Mark Rosen said we really need a fast solid defensive outfielder who could also lead off for the twins. That was Ben Revere for heavens sake. What a bunch of clowns really, I'm not a Bud Selig fan but he was correct about contracting this mess, we're not even trying to be good if you let a top leadoff type go and a guy who covered our large field well, thought good when Span left, the door is open for Revere for many many years to come, a kid like (tim Duncan) in hoops who was just glad to have a job, eager to get to work, never in trouble, and plays his heart out every game. I don't like the hunter signing I mean I do but as season ticket holders are bailing out they're just trying to put a bandage on the bleeding artery. So Terry Steinbach, Tom Brunansky, Gardy, who else, can't teach these pups to be a pro cmon. And Mauer able to afford a nanny better be in daily working out and lifting weights and eating chicken for protein. Most in my family are nowadays too embarrassed to wear a Mauer jersey anymore and if that kid in section 9 brings the Mauer Power sign to a game again I will be locked up for destroying it b4 the first pitch of the game. JK but cmon Mauer Power what ? Get back on the juice you and Morneau, testing came and power dwindled hmmmmmmm just a coincidence.

Kidding on the juice stuff, but fine if target can't be reached by lefties then hit for average at home and swing away on the road. No the twins have plenty of history to not be contracted. Just frustrating watching what we had walk away, the Ben Revere move seemed as bizarre as they come. We had Aaron Hicks leading off the next year, what I have observed the twins lack energy, too many Mauer, Florimon's, laid back types that you can darn near question their true red blooded passion for the game, lazy swings, lacksadaisical at times, you're hitting mid 90 stuff you better get amped up to square that stuff up. Joe use the max bat and your power will come again some, that Rawlings hunk of firewood stinks, use Maple Joe !!!!!

Quote:

La Velle E. Neal III of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune reports that the Twins are interested in free agent right-hander Ervin Santana.

It was reported Tuesday that Santana was open to pitch for the Twins, but the interest is apparently mutual. Minnesota's first-round pick is protected, so they would only have to give up a second-round pick in order to sign him. Still, he's likely looking for big money after having to settle for a one-year deal last offseason. ESPN's Buster Olney reported last week that the 31-year-old wants a five-year contract.

Another middle of the road pitcher who will get you 13-16 wins if healthy. 119-100 career record with a 4.17era.

Instead of these average arms who are getting 12-14 million a year I wish they had just signed an ace instead who can lead this pitching staff but whatever....

Starters will not be so bad still wish we had one true ace. The problem will be the bullpen ,center field and even short until our guy is actually healthy and can come up to the majors (buxton)

3rd we do have Trevor but just a patch and hope to see Sano there by the middle of the season if not before then. So maybe we limp through this season but do have look better for next year. We might not lose 90 plus games this year. I think that will be the first time I've said that in 3 or 4 years.

SS will still be a question need to Santana there all year but he still might have to play outfield a little.