• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Looking for a Lake this weekend

PurpleCatMan

Prep goes a long way. Day before shovel it off, salt and sand, carry some with you when going too. Most importantly when pulling trailer out after unloading pull out SLOWLY, let the trailer drain at waters edge so you don't ice up the ramp for when you return, or the next guy.

I didn't find a lake, but I did make it out to Pool 2. I didn't catch anything, but I still had fun getting out.

One thing I didn't consider was my steering freezing up. I have cable steering and I couldn't even move the steering wheel when I launched. Something to check for the next cold weather trip.

full-37329-51280-photo2(3).jpg

I was cold in a deer stand this last weekend and that looks even colder! I know Pulaski by Buffalo stays open quite a bit later than the other lakes in the area, but I'm not sure about how the access is. So do you throw a cover over it when trailering? I'd be afraid of getting salt all over it if I had a nice boat.

I'll be waiting for next year. Less than 6 months til the opener, even shorter if you fish the rivers! Until then it will be ice fishing.