• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

thread on installing skies on portable

backtroller1

I put skis on my Fish Trap Pro and loaded down it pulls about 75% easier. They can be put on or taken off in about a minute. The compound angles pretty much hold them on but through trial and error have found out that a little piece of wood (1/4 x 1 1/2 x 3) mounted to the bottom of the angle on the long pieces mounted to the skis really helps. The bungee cord keeps them on and is just hooked to a J bolt attached to the under side of the tub lip. full-44005-51004-image.jpg

full-44005-51005-image.jpg

full-44005-51006-image.jpg

full-44005-51007-image.jpg

Screwing skis directly to the tub will work better than nothing, but it certainly won't be as nice as something that'll lift the sled 4-8 inches up so it won't drag through the snow.

Here's some old threads -- the name that most folks use is 'smitty sled' if you want to google around for more:

http://www.hotspotoutdoors.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3168595/all/That_Darn_Heavy_Sled

http://www.hotspotoutdoors.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/2706277/Re_Ice_Gear_Sleds_light_non_4_

Also, a search tip on this site. There's a 'search' menu toward the top, but it's not ideal. Try the 'search' box on the LEFT side of the screen . It will work just like google, but limit results to threads on this message board. It's really nice. Try it sometime -- in fact, put 'smitty sled' in there and give it a whirl, see what you find. Or even if you don't know what kind of sled, try 'portable skis sled'. LOTS of great results.

I had a smitty sled for couple years and it was nothing but trouble. Sled did not stay on, packed snow between surface and tub making it harder to pull, and always had to take flip over off it so did not have gap under flaps. Will c which setup is better for me with my new setup this year.