• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Heater Advice

snagger

I'm looking for recommendations on a portable heater for my deer stand and for ice fishing. I have a Mr. Heater sunflower heater but i don't like the noise in the deer stand (especially the howling at start-up). I had a Buddy Heater but the wind kept blowing it out so I returned it. My stand is now slightly more sheltered from the wind and i'm wondering if i should give the Buddy another chance.

I have an enclosed 4x8 with Plexiglas windows and I use the 4-9000 buddy heater. The stand is not air tight by design but the heater was on high and kept it about mid 50's. I run a 20 pounder with it. At the rate we are seeing deer I may use the whole tank.

I've always wanted a wood stove in my stand. The smoke is a natural scent -vs- propane. But, I'm always worried it will be a hassle getting the fire started, stoking it, etc. I may try it in one of my permanent stands and see how I like it. Where is a good place to buy a wood stove at a reasonable price?

I've always wanted a wood stove in my stand. The smoke is a natural scent -vs- propane. But, I'm always worried it will be a hassle getting the fire started, stoking it, etc. I may try it in one of my permanent stands and see how I like it. Where is a good place to buy a wood stove at a reasonable price?

Look at hsolist "free" ads.