• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Johnson vs McIneley

I would disagree he got smoked.

There was no debate. Just one way q and a...

Gaurantee if u put those two alone in a debate she would crumble. She had plenty of help to wordsmith those answers.

I agree that she had plenty of help with her answers and of course the anti-DNR folks on this site are going to be critical but to the average Joe Blow reading the Strib article her answers will seem reasonable, shes using science, who wants to be hitting deer etc. Johnson got smoked.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perception is reality. Marketing creates perception.

Leslie blew smoke up peoples rears and you are correct. People will buy the b s unfortunarely.

The farmers and loggers and insurance companies who don't want massive herd of deer roaming the countryside are reality just as much as the bowhunters and qdm folks that do.

Perception is reality. That is one of the worst lines ever! Only a person whos skulls as thick as a rock uses that one. Its only reality to you, meaning its not my reality.

I could whip up a turd-sandwich and tell you its roast beef, you might actually perceive it to be one, when in reality its a turd-sandwich

The farmers and loggers and insurance companies who don't want massive herd of deer roaming the countryside are reality just as much as the bowhunters and qdm folks that do.

Then they can start paying the DNR $15-18 million a year to manage the herd

you mean the farmers, loggers, and insurance companies don't pay taxes or buy fuel (more taxes)? Which is where 33% of the DNR's revenue comes from.

Pretty sure deer hunters pay those same taxes...so we're paying two times. So can everybody else

In recent years the DNR Fisheries and Wildlife get almost zero dollars from general revenue. Like a decade ago they got a substantial amount from general revenue. Now you might as well say zero.

Also Conservation Officers salary was mainly from general revenue. Now a substantial amount comes from deer money and other fish and wildlife money.

Also the DNR pays sales tax like everybody else and it goes to general revenue.

Perception is reality. That is one of the worst lines ever! Only a person whos skulls as thick as a rock uses that one. Its only reality to you, meaning its not my reality.

I could whip up a turd-sandwich and tell you its roast beef, you might actually perceive it to be one, when in reality its a turd-sandwich

That is a pretty good example. A lot of deer hunters in MN have been buying "roast beef" sandwiches from the MN DNR for almost $30 a piece for the last few years. The MN DNR tells them they have an excess of the roast beef sandwiches for half price as well! Sad to say they ran out of roast beef years ago. What have we been eating?

That is a pretty good example. A lot of deer hunters in MN have been buying "roast beef" sandwiches from the MN DNR for almost $30 a piece for the last few years. The MN DNR tells them they have an excess of the roast beef sandwiches for half price as well! Sad to say they ran out of roast beef years ago. What have we been eating?

Anybody who can be honest with themselves knows what we've been getting fed from the MN DNR.

No they don't want that kind of change , just stirring the pot to get momentum for another agenda Everyone commenting can afford a deer lic but its an avenue to get everyones emotions up to circle the wagons anti DNR rhetoric some of these same people are hoping for the worst deer season in decades to feed the anti DNR witch hunt . Prediction in the areas that went hunter choice there will be a higher percentage of filled tags compared to bought tags than last year just because the bonuses wont be purchased. Which means we could have a very high harvest of filled tags compared to purchased tags are compared even with wind and crop

No they don't want that kind of change , just stirring the pot to get momentum for another agenda Everyone commenting can afford a deer lic but its an avenue to get everyones emotions up to circle the wagons anti DNR rhetoric some of these same people are hoping for the worst deer season in decades to feed the anti DNR witch hunt.

I agree. The same folks that have been hyper critical of the DNR will likely get exactly what they asked for - a very low harvest this year - and then use that to complain even more about the DNR.

...I agree. The same folks that have been hyper critical of the DNR will likely get exactly what they asked for - a very low harvest this year - and then use that to complain even more about the DNR.

Glad I won't be included in that bunch as I wanted a closed season in much of the state. I never want a year with a very low harvest from most of the state. Either have a good harvest from a deer-area, or none. This year about 5 or 6 areas, the managed and intensive areas, should have been open to hunting IMO.

...Prediction in the areas that went hunter choice there will be a higher percentage of filled tags compared to bought tags than last year just because the bonuses wont be purchased. Which means we could have a very high harvest of filled tags compared to purchased tags are compared even with wind and crop

Not a very bold prediction. About the same amount of deer both years in most of those areas......way too few. Just this year the DNR isn't implying to public that there are too many deer in those area by having those areas be managed or intensive.

My question is how much loss of revenue will the DNR have from the loss of bonus tag sales? And what effect will that have?

Not a very bold prediction. About the same amount of deer both years in most of those areas......way too few. Just this year the DNR isn't implying to public that there are too many deer in those area by having those areas be managed or intensive.

My question is how much loss of revenue will the DNR have from the loss of bonus tag sales? And what effect will that have?

At absolute most, $1.4 million less. A small percentage of the $206 million in the game & fish fund.

Could it actually go up? Bonus tags were far cheaper than having to buy the wife and girlfriend a primary tag at regular price.

Maybe.

But I am thinking that nearly everyone bought a bonus tag, where as only, one in 10 , two in 10 , three in 10 does illegal tag lending.

How many wives and girlfriends under the age of 35 have firearm's training certificates? Likely not that many, but with new internet training, not so sure. Still leaves the wives and girlfriends over 35, and bowhunters can still have anyone buy a tag for illegal tag lending.

Maybe it will be just be 6 of one, or a half dozen of another. Not much of a revenue changer.

Maybe.

But I am thinking that nearly everyone bought a bonus tag, where as only, one in 10 , two in 10 , three in 10 does illegal tag lending.

How many wives and girlfriends under the age of 35 have firearm's training certificates? I'm thinking not that many, but with new internet training, not so sure. Still leaves the wives and girlfriends over 35, and bowhunters can still have anyone buy a tag for illegal tag lending.

Maybe it is just be 6 of one, or a half dozen of another. Not much of a revenue changer.

There were less than 100,000 bonus permits sold last year, so it certainly wasn't "nearly everyone".