• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

my first pallid sturgeon! (video footage)

fishcast

Beautiful fish, congrats! I'm very jealous

JBMasterAngler - they are endangered, a lot of effort is being put into the recovery. They are successfully spawning them in hatcheries, only few locations have potential wild spawning habitat left. Maybe in a few decades there will be a couple self-sustaining populations, only time will tell...

Spent many, many hours down by the pump house. Caught tons of cats, shovelnose, eyes, drum, etc etc there. For all I know some of those shovelers coulda been pallids. Anyone have their ice houses out there yet? Those dudes are crazy!! Some of those houses were 10' from open, rushing water.

Im sure someone has tried going on the river but i haven't seen it myself for a few weeks now. We have 6-10" of ice in a number of smaller waters- crazy how early ice came! I fished the trenton backwaters about 9 days ago, but i've never ice fished the main river though... Late into last fall we had very excellent sauger and walleye fishing at the pump house (along with other awesome bonus fish), but this year about the time we were trying it, it froze over! haha At the confluence a week before freeze up I accidentally snagged a pretty huge paddle fish with a jigging rapala and 8lb line... managed to get it all the way into the boat for a pic and release! Certain season in particular there is some incredible fishing in NW north dakota for sure!