• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Camp Ripley 2nd weekend

ANYFISH2

Heading in right now to set up camp, relax and socialize.

Wish all you other hunters a enjoyable and successful hunt this weekend!!

If anyone wants to meet up at the hanger or someplace else this afternoon post it hear, always nice to meet the people we talk to on here.

Lets also do some live updates as well, It might help keep me in the stand if I do a little reading. Darn these devices.

Once again, good luck to everyone.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Anyfish,

Thanks for the post! I expect to meet Monstermoose and his Dad at some point this weekend. We're both staying in the barracks and my group is planning on eating at the dinner on Saturday night. I'm planning on wearing my black HSO hoodie while I'm at camp so if anyone wants to say Hi, feel free. smile

I pretty much nailed down my packing last night and had a hard time getting any sleep. Have to try to work today. Its not easy.

Good luck everyone!

Yes thank you Anyfish.

I would me down for meeting at the hanger tonight if I get on base before it gets to late. I also did not sleep that well last night the thoughts of big bucks was keeping me up. I have all my stuff ready to toss into the truck but I will wait to do that just before I run over to pick up my dad. I was glad to see the wind will switch from the west tonight.

I will not be up dating on here from the stand seeing I do not have smart phone. I will be bringing my computer to update after the hunt if the barracks have internet. I hope very one has a good hunt and stays safe.

Anyfish, what does your camp and/or vehicle look like? Any chance of a photo when you get it set up so I can find you? I've tried finding people's camps in the past and it is pretty difficult in the dark.

I will arrive solo late this evening, probably hit the sack right away. Assuming I don't tag out Saturday morning I'll be around Saturday night and plan to eat at the hangar or wherever they set up the grill for hamburgers. Sleeping in the back of my wagon in line both nights sine I am solo this trip.

Ah, stories of Ripley. Back in the old days I hunted it a few times with buddies. This was early 90's, there were always a few giants getting taken. We never had much success, often enountered more hunters than deer, and quit going for that reason. But the camaraderie was great. I remember one year it was so windy we couldn't keep the tent pitched - after getting up a couple times during the night to re-stake it, we finally gave up and let it lay on top of us. Just put our ball caps on and laid on our backs so the stiff brim would keep it off our mouth and nose so we could breathe. I remember the first time I went, we had no clue where we were going but had a tip from someone who hunted some of the ridges on the northeast end the first weekend and saw some good bucks. So we were headed up the east side, looking to take a left on the last major east/west road. We were running late and light was starting to show on our right. Turns out the road and left turn we were looking to make (don't remember the name) was not a very distinct turn. Wound up being a real gradual curve. And only when someone said "isn't the sun supposed to rise in the east?" did we realize the sun was suddenly on our left - we had crossed all the way across to the west side of camp and were heading south without even knowing it. Needless to say we didn't hit the spot we wanted to try. smile Good times for sure. Good luck to all of you.

Well I am packed and loaded. Just waiting for the old man leave work so I can meet him at his house. He said he is shipping a lot of things today so if any of the truckers are late he will not get off at 430. I should be working on my assignments but hey they are not due until Thursday. Well I hope to see some of you later tonight. Good luck and stay safe this weekend.

Well, been in the stand 20 minutes. Decided to try a new spot this morning but they had the road blocked off and my other spots were a ways away and it was getting light out so I pulled the classic Ripley and said this spot looks good. It's a little hilly and it comes down to a low spot where's there's some brush and a bunch of down trees. Hopefully the deer will go around it and walk past me. smile