• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Propane Bottle size

honda400ex_treme

What size propane bottles is everyone running on their wheel house? I have a Suburban 30k btu forced air heater and Suburban rv stove/range. I have 20lb bottles for stuff around the house. Just not sure they will last a long weekend and really want to learn the hard way if i dont have to haha

I use a 100 pounder. 20 pounders work for me but when the weather gets reall chilly having a bigger tank helps prevent regulator freeze up.

100 pounder is prolly overkill as it lasts me like forever. Iffin I were you I would think of upgrading to a 30 pounder just in case. Running out of gas and frozen regs suck on the ice in the middle of the night.

20 lbers will not be efficient to burn a 30,000 btu furnacr. U will loose pressure for one thing after a half tank and also will whip thru the first half pretty quick. A 30000 furnac needs. 30 lb tank or bigger

No sir no sir not fun at all. Ive spent 15 or more years in a house of somekind on LOW, anther 10 before that in portable of some kind and 10 with dad in the truck before that. different things work for different set ups. but bottom line to avoid trouble, big heater big tank, spare regulator.