• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bunk Beds

Professional Edge

Shouldn't be too tough. Track down the canvas material, have someone sew loops down the sides, and run a dowel down the length. At the head and feet, cut a notch in a 2x4 to have the dowels sit in, and figure out a way to have the 2x4 fold up against the wall to save space.

DIY canvas bunk bed

I DIY'd using a heavy duty foldout canvas cot. I removed the x legs (3 sets of them), made sheet metal u-brackets (2 each) for the stow and use positions, and reused some the leg material to build a fold-up/down H center leg/support. I mounted side-wall to side-wall.

The use position was as low on the walls as I could go, i.e. had to stay above the wheel-well bump-out. The stow position was near the ceiling, leaving room for the sleeping bag & pillow.

This was a rather inexpensive solution, light-weight, gear can be left on the floor, and pretty cozy. The drawback was loss of about 4 to 6 inches of head room in the stow position. Sorry I do not have photos of it.