• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Gophers 2014-2015

Rick

I was at that debacle last night. No energy until your freshman point guard picks it up and cuts the lead to manageable. Can't get a stop or rebound to save your soul. At least there won't be any bubble drama this year. Uthoff is the kind of player Minnesota should be getting after. A 6'9" Jimmy Chitwood. I see 6-7 wins at most with the problems they are having. Rip off a month's worth of wins and get back to me.

More like it. Home win over Rutgers who was coming off their Bucky upset sans Kaminsky. Gophers have dug themselves a huge crater, one they're unlikely to get out of for any practical purposes. 31 by Dre and the rest of the team looking more like they did before the B1G season started. Did they right the ship? We shall see. confused

They avenge their B1G opener loss to Purdud. At halftime the thought had to be "here we go again". Stifling defense to start the second half, a 21 - 2 run and with Dre "on", it was the Boilers undoing. Still too many missed bunnies and free throws. Should have beaten these guys by 10 or more after pressuring 23 turnovers. Better enjoy this one though as on the road at IA and IN for the next two does not bode well for the W column. The Gophers will probably want to wear safety goggles for the IA game. Woodbury gets his 3rd eye gouge of the season against MD. Maybe Dan Dakich was right. One of the dirtiest players in the B1G. confused

Um, they pull off the upset win in IA City 64 - 59. Best of all, no one lost an eye! wink Not pretty but the Gophers harass the Hawkeyes into 16 turnovers and it pays off. Hollins scores 20 although they still missed too many lay ups and left a bunch of points at the charity stripe. Just glad Mac McCausland and Larry Morgan weren't calling the game. I laughed when the commentators made reference to MN getting in position for a possible NCAA bid. In their dreams... laugh

Inching closer to mediocrity. They might get to 7 wins. Don't know if that gets them to the NIT even. Regardless, they should turn down any post season tournament invitation short of the Big Dance. They either autobid by winning the BT tournament (unlikely) or win out (least likely). They dug the hole, they gotta get out of it, even if that means getting out of it next year.

I would hardly call that an upset. 2 NIT teams. dont get me wrong, wish them well but there offensive game plan hasnt changed in 7 yrs.

Wow. I need to figure out who's been peeing in everybody's Wheaties lately! smile Not disagreeing that their offense is a train wreck but not an upset, even a mild one? Don't get me wrong, my disdain for Hawkeye basketball runs deep, to the early days of Captain Kangaroo coaching them. Many Saturdays back in the dark ages of TV over the airwaves, the only Big 10 basketball we could get was the IA game on Raycom broadcast over KIMT or KGLO out of Mason City. Mac McCausland and Larry Morgan were doing play by play, the biggest IA homers ever to strap on a microphone. Pure torture. Ask any IA St. fan. It was enough to drive one to drink and frequently did. Scarred me for life. grin

Before their loss to the Gophers, IA was 6 - 4 in B1G play. They lost at home only to Mich St. and WI prior to that. Nothing to be ashamed of there. Prior to that, they got beat at home by IA St. who is rough soap no matter whose conference they're playing in. IA beat OH St. on the road and at home. They were just coming off wins over MI on the road and Maryland at home. Earlier in the season, IA upset NC at Chapel Hill. The Gophers were 4 - 7 going into this game with nothing even remotely resembling a quality win. Winning on the road in the B1G is tough no matter who you're playing. I'm with you Scott, really don't care to see them play in the NIT again. Play in the NCAA? The old chances of a fart in a windstorm saying applies methinks.

Play in the NCAA? The old chances of a fart in a windstorm saying applies methinks.

Especially when you flat line to Northworstern on your home court. I hope Little Richard is some kind of a recruiting magician. Lose a bunch of seniors off this team and the cupboards look pretty bare for next year. frown

Especially when you flat line to Northworstern on your home court. I hope Little Richard is some kind of a recruiting magician. Lose a bunch of seniors off this team and the cupboards look pretty bare for next year. frown

Yeah unless he really brings in some good recruits it looks like it's gonna be Nate Mason and uhhh.....Nate Mason.

I think it shows that the Gophs have under performed most of the year. Their talent is much better than their record, but with a lack of depth and little leadership it's been tough to watch. Next year could be worse, before things start to pick up again. I'll hit the Penn State game, should be plenty of tickets after the Badgers get through with them.

Well that was a fitting end to a garbage regular season. Can't beat Penn St. at home on Senior Day? Tsk, tsk, tsk. On to a one or two and done in the B1G tournament and then to the NIT where I have similar expectations. Giving Pitino a "D" for this season. They went backwards. sick