• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

butt hurt range officer

Was at a open to public range saturday. Headed to the 100 yard lanes was asked what we were shooting. Handguns we replied. One worker says handguns? Sweet have fun. The butt hurt one says 100 yards no handgun can ever hit that you guys need to head over to the 25 yard range. We tell him the past 3 years we have came here to shoot our Tc encore 308 handgun and our s&w 460 at 100 wih no problem. No no no I need to speak with someone before we let you shoot 100. The fun workers just let us shoot while the hurt one left. At the end of the day he asked me to see my target down range through the spotting scope and realized I had big ole 460 rounds grouped tighter than ppl shooting their rifles at 50 and 100 and had nothing to say. Some people are just the very jelous butt hurt type whike they changed targets ppl were talking with him and saying how they would love to try a handgun at 100 and further he just disagreed shut them down and kept "reminding" them handguns cant hit 100 yards. Just a rant

What range were you at?

I've seen hand guns at the Oakdale Gun Club 50 and 100 yard ranges a few times over the years and it usually gets the range officers talking but only out of curiosity and interest. But from my experience the guys at Oakdale are a great group and do a nice job at their range.

Some guys get an idea in their head and just can't let it go, I assume the guy you ran into falls firmly into that group.

East bethel beaver brook... yea one range worker was taking pics it was fun he was showing me pics of myself the moment the gun jumps and I never realized it jumped that high. I enjoy everyones curiosity and questions I tell em if you got the money go for it handgun hunting is somewhat increasing its great fun. I like to let them know what kind of handguns are out their for hunting things they never knew exsisted. Promoting handgun hunting I guess you can say.

Were right on 65 in ham lake thts why I swear it was $5 last year this year it was $10 plus didnt see the older african american guy who been working their for years he always had very useful tips and pointers he was my favorite lolalways cracked jokes about himself and my dad because they needed a stool to look through the spotting scope.

Btw I think their buisness has declined the past year september always slow or dead when they open to the public but in otober they would have lines and people waiting to shoot all day. Last year a week before firearms opened it was dead this year this past saturday didnt have many people either not sure why plus the original workers arent their anymore. We use to go a couple times before openner i did my gun saftey throuh them