• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Portable hunting cabin on skids

BryanL

Anybody have one of those portable cabins on skids they sell at places like Premier buildings, Old Hickory, etc,? The build seems pretty good and for the size I am looking at 12x20 a lofted barn cabin on skids seems like a good price. Save a lot on not putting in a foundation and there is a lot online saying this is an effective way to do it without the worry of damage from frost heave. Looking for any opinions from anyone who may have one or have experience with them.

No knowledge of them other than what I've read, but one thing I have seen that you might be interested in is: If it's actually a "cabin", I've heard (read) that some places will tax you on the structure -- even if it's portable and even if it's on skids. However, if there are holes in the floor on hinges or under catch covers, etc, then you probably have a "fish house", and as such you might avoid paying taxes at the location that you "store your fish house".

What's the price on that?

You can get a 12X20 for about $5,500. Includes a porch that runs the width of the front, 3 windows, door, built on skids with pressure treated deck and flooring. Ready to be finished on inside.