• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

grunting time?

snagfinder

Just in my junior season as bow hunting goes. Never paid attention cause gun season

was always rutting time. Last year got lucky I think grunted in 3 bucks oct 13. Is that normal

or early. Guess main question being going back to that woods tomorrow for first time . No ones

been in there would you grunt or no?

What Don said... I'll softly grunt at a buck that is off in the woods a ways such that he wouldn't be able to pin point the grunt and may come and investigate.

As Musky said, it's certainly also getting time to think about utilizing some light tickling of the antlers as well.

Had a friend tell me he watched 2 bucks chasing a doe yesterday in his stand.

As far as grunting and rattling, last year on the 16th of October while hunting with my granddaughter during the youth season, I rattled in a 8 pointer. Like stated above, soft and easy, they will hear it even if you believe it is not loud enough.

Seems this time of October, the young bucks like to run around a bit more than the larger variety.

I was sitting in a ground blind with my son calling turkeys when a 120's 3 year old was pushing a doe around with in bow range. Both were in circles 100 mph. Then gone. 10 minutes later another small buck came by on the same trail. I do believe once in a while there are does that come into heat in October. Most might not see it cause they're sitting on the couch or it all happens in standing corn. It's not the first time I've seen this.

I would believe that. Friday a friend of mine and myself went for a deer drive.

Told him I seen a small buck and a doe, by the time he turned the small

buck was standing in the same spot and what I would guess was his grandpa

took over. He was all over her, but you could see she wasn't ready. Crazy part

6 pm wide open bean field.