• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

1995 Monte Carlo Cruise Control

Just picked up this car to use for my commute back and forth to work.

The cruise control does not work. Is there a way for an amateur do-it-yourself to figure out if its the control module that's mounted to the drivers side strut under the hood or a different problem with wiring causing it not to work.

Tips, tricks or advice welcome!

The first thing I would do is hook up a scan tool and look at cruise data to see if the switches on the steering column are working and then go from there.

What you can do is check all the fuses. There is one in the underhood fuse block and 3 in the interior fuse block that are required for the cruise to work.

The next thing I would do is check the brake switch. with your foot off the pedal there should be no power on the white or brown wires (with the key on). There should be power on the orange and pink wire (with the key on)

If those pan out than I would bite the bullet and have it diagnosed or swing by your local u-pull and pick up a cruise module and see if it works.