• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Masterbuilt 40" Electric Smoker with Window

I'm interested in what the reviews are too. Wondering if the 40" is worth the extra money vs. the 30". I have an offset barrel smoker now but the temp can be a pain to regulate in cold or windy conditions and being able to hang sausage will be a plus too.

Looked at one today and it sure looks like a well built sturdy unit. I have a Bradley elec now with the 6 trays and auto feed puck system. But I sure like the looks and the features on this one!!!

I have the 30" no window. That size works for cooking for 8-10 people. I've had it for 4-5 years and it works perfect even in the dead of winter. Pellets last a long time, I fill it once at the beginning and once 2 hours later or so.

Only issue with mine is that when it's 20 degrees or colder I get an error message when I try to start it up (digital unit). I have to take a heat gun or a hair dryer and put it in the thing and close the door and heat it up for a minute or two to get it up to temperature so it then starts heating up. I just leave the heat gun hanging by my smoker and once I found out the problem it's only a small hassle.

It's nice with an electric unit to "set it and forget it" rather than goof around with trying to keep a proper temperature with non electric.

Glad to hear. I will probably go with the 40 as I do a lot of brats, salami, sticks and other stuff in larger quantities.

Thanks for the reviews. Amazon had it for over $500. But LM fleet had it for $359.

Captain,

the smoker could take your place of having to see a Psychologist especially come Winter. It's just another hobby that you can add to your tool belt. Bonus is that my wife actually 100% agrees with my doing this hobby.

I read the manual too and actually "seasoned" it per the instructions. It was the day after Christmas years ago and it must have been a very short manual.