• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

California Guides????

LOWinEYEin

Whatt, I am heading out to the west coast next week. I will be near Sacramento and have a bunch of private ponds lined up to fish. I was poking around on the web, I think the california fish and game, and found a bunch of guides. I can`t personally recomend one but it may be a start. Castaic is not to far to the north. Other than that I`m not to sure of decent lakes in southern Calf. to fish. Should be a good trip. Flip

There was an article in one of the mant bass mags, stating the Top Ten place for Bass and Cali had I believe 3 lakes in it. Sounds familiar I'm sure. Well there has to be someone out there that knows or has had a Guide....

Any help?

Clear and the Delta may be a little farther north for you, but they were probably on the list. The other one was probably Lake Casitas and that is the place I would fish if I was you. It is about 80 miles northwest of Los Angeles so it should be an easy drive, although LA traffic does live up to its reputation. I've fished it several times and can attest to the size of the fish in it. With the clear water you'll be likely to at least see a large fish.

As for guides, Troy Folkestad is kind of the go to guy for Southern California, which is reflected in his price. He guides on Casitas, Castaic, Perris and a lot of the San Diego Lakes as well. You can tell him you want to fish Casitas or fish whatever he recommends.

Try calling "Anglers Marine" in Anaheim 1-714-666-BOAT. These guys are authority on Bass fishing SOCAL. They will have any and all info on the local guides, tackle and services. You want to visit this place for all the New inovative Bass baits. They boast the newest in Japanese and domestic baits. When my family goes to Disneyland I always visit this place and spend a fortune.

And I would try Diamond Valley Lake.

It is a newly opened lake with trophy bass.

You need to make reservations 72 days in advance!! Call 1-800-590-LAKE. Bass boat rentals are only $110 a day (a 1/3 of the cost for guide fees!!).

I don't know if I am allowed to put the web-site on here? www.dvmarina.com

You would be on your own if you took the rental boat route. This would be a fraction of the cost compared to a guide trip, and then you could spend what you saved on trendy tackle...

Did you call Angler Marine for guide referrals? I am sure that you would be one of the best guide referral sources.

Heres one :Try this guy for guides @ Diamond Valley
www.donnievachonfishing.com

It's a pretty cool site! You may want to reserve this guy in advance.

Here are some more guide links:

www.finesseangler.com
www.iovino.com/geneguide.html
www.folkstadfishguide.com
www.1fghp.com

Your set.........
Dan

[This message has been edited by dan sexton (edited 05-03-2004).]